|Salary||£14.69 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
The aim of the project is to create a database for battery manufacturing, and to align and understand the inputs parameter effects upon the performance outputs.
Researchers based at the University will focus on the parameterisation and design of the inputs and outputs for this data platform. Working within the specified research grant and project and operating within area of specialism, the postholder will analyse and interpret research findings and results, providing the technical expertise in battery manufacturing and processing.
You will investigate and parameterise the materials inputs, mixing and coating, drying and cell manufacturing for input into the dynamic database and help to correlate the effect upon the performance properties of the cells.
Quanta will focus upon the data platform design and management. Intergens will develop intelligent algorithms for independency analysis and future intelligent experimental design.
This role will involve working within the IDMBAT project and contribute to the co-ordination of the experimental teams; developing novel methodologies for coatings and cell manufacture, with electrochemical analysis of lithium ion batteries and contributing to and leading the reporting requirements to the Lead Partner (Granta)
The University is committed to safeguarding and we promote safe recruitment practice, therefore all associated pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken in this role all successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory Occupational Health clearance prior to appointment.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Hold a degree in science or engineering discipline relevant to the project or with equivalent experience
• Hold, or be close to completion of, a PhD in area relevant to mixing, rheology, coatings, or equivalent experience.
• Prior knowledge, experience and achievements in the processing of inks, pastes and composites.
• Desirable is a prior knowledge, experience and achievements in electrochemical testing protocols for batteries. However, training will be given to the right candidate in these areas.
• Experience in working in a research laboratory
• Demonstration of high level of organisation to be able to record and analyse data appropriately.
• Demonstrably high-level analytical capability.
• Demonstrable ability to communicate complex information clearly.
• Ability to work and co-ordinate an interdisciplinary cross institutional team.
• Demonstrable ability to contribute to the planning and organising of the research programme and/or specific research project.