|Salary||£13.58 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
To provide administrative support for the Research Degrees Programme (RDP) Officel. The RDP Office provides support for research students and supervisors and manages the whole research student life cycle from enquiry through to award.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
• To administer and support the student journey from application and enrolment to completion.
• To deal with enquiries about the Research Degrees Programme (RDP) from prospective students, current students and staff, by email, phone and personal visits to the School.
• To process all student applications in line with agreed criteria and processes.
• To liaise with academic groups/staff on the progress of applications.
• To process application decisions and make offers to successful home and overseas RDP applicants.
• To create, maintain and update all student records on SITS.
• To maintain the Blackboard (the University's Virtual Learning Environment) area for students.
• To provide clerical support to the Research Methods Courses (RMC), e.g. timetabling of modules, distribution of RMC module packs and assignments, liaising with RMC tutors regarding course arrangements such as room bookings, provision of handouts and equipment. Post materials on Blackboard. Arrange marking and moderation.
• To manage and monitor student progress, including annual reports, Qualifying Reports, thesis submission and pre- and post-viva arrangements.
• To assist with the organisation of research events, conferences and workshops.
• To assist with data and management reporting requirements for the RDP.
• To manage student office and locker allocations.
• To manage room bookings for the RDP Seminar Room.
• To undertake any other duties that may be required from to time for the effective operation of the RDP Office.
This is a temporary role for 12 week
If this role is of interest please apply