Blue Arrow Glasgow are currently working with our esteemed client in Inverclyde for an experienced Reprographics Operator / Administrator.
This role is due to expansion with the team and there is an opportunity for an immediate start for the successful applicant.
Hours of Work: Monday - Thursday - 7:45 to 16:30 and Friday - 7:45 - 15:15.
- Creating print ready artwork files using Adobe illustrator
- To ensure all files are complete and ready for printing according to the requirements of the print process
- Liaise with third party supplier on artwork and ordering printing plates
- Manipulation of repro files so that they are adjusted to suit the relevant printing press
- Checking, amending and pre-flighting artwork to ensure that it is plate ready
- Offer technical advice to ensure all artwork is achievable within printing press constraints
- Working to tight deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction
- QC of artwork files
- Ordering printing plates for the relevant printing press
- Assigning artwork to the relevant specification within our production system
- Role is both repro and repro administration
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience of creating technical repro files
- Previous experience working within packaging (particularly corrugated packaging)
- Adobe Creative Suite skills specifically Illustrator
- Knowledge of artwork, pre-press and repro procedures
- Knowledge of retouching would be an advantage
- Experience of the flexographic print industry and processes particularly within packaging
- Proven experience of artwork creation and manipulation to a high standard
- High standard of administration skills
- Structural design experience is an advantage