|Salary||£30000 - £35000 per annum||Sector||Professional & Admin|
Working within Customer Programmes (previously known as Metering) and specifically within the Programme Management Office (PMO), the department is looking for an experienced and eager Performance Reporting Analyst to help deliver leading performance reporting, analysis, PowerBI dashboards and project controls across the business area. Working with a range of colleagues across Customer Programmes (Metering), you will be responsible for:
- Performance reporting on various timescales within the team and wider organisation
- Monitor, interpret, report and audit specific aspects of company performance.
- Developing class leading reports, dashboards & visualisations with Power BI
- Provide relevant and effective operational data analysis and interpretation.
- Provide analytical data to help influence and inform colleagues / managers on operational decisions.
- Forecasting the company operational data to infer performance against targets
- Active monitoring, controlling and reporting on performance to a wide audience within the business.
- Support development of further automation of reporting from multiple business systems.
- Track key performance indicators to predict where tolerances may be exceeded.
- Attend and support project reviews with key business owners and departments, providing valuable input into meetings and challenging where necessary.
- You will have previously been responsible for producing and developing performance reports and have a proven track record in helping to ensure projects deliver their outcomes and KPIs.
- You will be confident converting large and complicated data into business insight and presenting back to senior stakeholders on recommendations. If you have previous experience with Power BI, this would be highly advantageous as would water industry experience.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with large data sets and will have demonstrable experience within a performance reporting position with an understanding of the principles of project controls and Programme Management Office.
- You will be self-driven and will possess exceptional verbal and written skills being able to communicate technical data to non-technical users in a clear and effective style.
- You will be fully literate in MS Office with advanced Excel and have a keen aptitude for new systems.
This role is critical to the development of customer programmes having a direct influence on shaping how we monitor and review progress and performance. As we continue the roll out of our world leading smart metering programme over the next ten years, this is an exciting opportunity to join and develop in this industry leading activity and monitor performance of smart infrastructure and help deliver a unique service to our 14 million customers. You’ll be working with both internal and external stakeholders, you will gain a wealth of experience to a variety of departments.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.