Relief Prison Chefs x10 - Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire Enhanced DBS check required.
Contract type: Temporary
Hourly rate £12 per hour for weekday shift enhancement on weekends
Location: Stoke, Stafford & Staffordshire
*There is a separate Prison Vetting alongside Blue Arrow compliance that has to be completed, this is on top of Blue Arrow registration. This can take a while to complete - please consider this. **
We are currently looking to recruit several Chefs and Cooks to work within Prisons in and around Stoke on Trent. You will be required to help and support with any sickness, short term and long term, also to support with the increase demand.
The ideal candidate will be working with fresh nutritious food adhering to dietary requirements. This role can offer daytime shifts, occasional weekends and great pay rates.
As we cover a lot of prison locations across Stafford and Staffordshire your commute will vary. If you have a car and are flexible with locations, great. If you're limited to public transport, we'll only send you to places that have public transport links and provide you with all the information you will need to get there.
Requirements and skills:
- Previous experience as a chef, or worked in a prison previously, along with passion for food
- Flexibility in shift patterns including weekends
- Great communication and team work skills
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- happy to conduct extra Prison checks, due to the environment of the role
- An in date Enhanced DBS covering child or adult or both workforce DATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS ideally on the new updated service programme. (we do have the Facilities to put you through one at a cost)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Due to certain locations a full UK driving license is required along with own access to a vehicle
The working environment
As you can imagine you are required to work on site the Prison restaurants and you will be working with Residents from the kitchen work party as well as Civilian Catering Staff.
- Work within a team to ensure jobs are completed for the day
- Putting away deliveries.
- Possibility of food orders, dependant on the role you are placed into i.e head chef/chef manager.
- Assist with the preparation of food & other areas of the kitchen including pot washing.
- Adhering to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Cooking nutritious food within requirements
- Ensure a clean as you go policy is being operated at all times
- Possibility of serving food
As you will be working within a prison the hours can vary every shift, once you start your assignment with the prison you will receive a rota, and the hours can vary from 6am till 8pm, you must be able to commit within these hours.
- Great pay rates
- Weekly pay
- Dedicated consultant
- Flexibility in your working environment
- Flexibility in your working days and time
- Weekly pay
- Company pension scheme
- Even though a lot of your roles will be on a temporary basis, these can quite easily lead to permanent work for the right candidates.
We can't wait to speak with you, So if you think this is just what you're looking for then click apply today to book your interview slot with Blue Arrow.