|Salary||£34000 - £46000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management|
We are seeking a Regulatory Compliance Manager to lead and deliver as appropriate, efficient and effective compliance activities in respect of key operational and strategic risks.
You will work within the Regulatory Compliance and Policy team to protect the long-term interests of the business and its customers by helping the business understand, manage and mitigate key compliance risks through the design, development and operation of an efficient and effective compliance framework.
To proactively engage with the business to ensure regulatory obligations and policy are understood, providing training where necessary, as well as supporting the monitoring and reporting of our compliance with Ofwat's regulatory requirements.
To lead our response to regulatory investigations and to monitor compliance with commitments made to our regulator.
The role will also involve analysing Ofwat’s policy proposals and preparing the company’s response to them; providing specialist regulatory advice to the business to help them to prepare for changes in regulatory policy; as well as supporting the development of regulatory submissions.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- To lead and deliver as appropriate, efficient and effective compliance activities in respect of key operational and strategic risks.
- To help the business understand, manage and mitigate key compliance risks through the design, development and operation of an efficient and effective compliance framework and associated policies and standards.
- To proactively engage with the business to ensure regulatory obligations and policy are understood, providing training where necessary.
- To support the monitoring and reporting of our compliance with Ofwat's regulatory requirements and relevant elements of Competition Law.
- To lead and manage our response to regulatory investigations and to monitor compliance with commitments made to our regulator, working with the business to provide robust data, information and meaningful commentary.
- To analyse Ofwat’s policy proposals and to prepare the company’s response to them as well as leading the response to relevant regulatory submissions on behalf of the business.
- To ensure that the business is positioned to influence our regulators and key industry / governmental stakeholders on regulatory decision making.
- To develop appropriate reporting on compliance, including reports to executive and the board; leading compliance review meetings where appropriate and writing associated papers.
- To own and manage the risk register for the Regulation Department, developing a robust process to certify and assure compliance with regulatory obligations.
- To play a broader role in developing employee engagement across the wider Regulation Team.
- Possess a background in utility regulation or compliance within a regulated environment.
- A strategic thinker with sound judgement and a keen eye for detail.
- An individual who combines a strong understanding of how a regulated water business operates with an interest or experience in how large, complex organisations deliver and monitor compliance.
- Be aware of recent regulatory developments specific to the water industry and how they impact water companies.
- A degree (or equivalent) and possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills which will enable you to quickly understand and analyse the impact of new policy areas on the operation of the business.
- First class communication and presentational skills and be able to translate complex regulatory issues into clear, understandable terms.
- An individual with excellent organisational and project management skills, who can drive continuous improvement and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Good commercial awareness and proven influencing & negotiation skills are essential.
This is an exciting chance to join a high-profile team in a varied role, which will provide exposure to all areas of the business, as well as the opportunity to engage directly with senior management and external stakeholders on important issues.
This interesting role also offers a unique opportunity to learn more about the functioning of water regulation in England, and the operation of the largest water and sewerage company in the UK, whilst influencing the regulatory debate and Thames Water’s response to regulatory decisions.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.