£3,000 Welcome Bonus*, £60 Bonus per extra shift, personalised learning and development programme. Join Encore to feel supported and play a vital role in driving best quality of care.
Are you passionate about delivering the very best care to residents?
Do you want to feel valued, rewarded, and supported in your role as a Nurse?
Would you like to join a growing company and be part of an exceptional team, which is making a real difference to people’s lives?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you at Encore Care Homes.
We are looking for an outstanding Registered Nurse to work within our modern, purpose-built care home. As a Registered Nurse at Encore, you will be part of a fantastic team that pushes back the boundaries of care standards to improve quality of care. You will support residents and provide consultancy and guidance to a team of care colleagues within a kind and fulfilling environment. You will be part of an ambitious, growing company and supported by a remarkable team.
Your new company:
Oakdale is managed by Encore Care Homes. We design, build, and operate our own care homes. At Encore, we are changing lives and influencing the culture of care across the county. We strive for outstanding in everything we do and build strong, innovative partnerships with local NHS healthcare experts and universities to ensure we remain at the forefront of clinical excellence, providing our residents with the highest standards of care.
Encore provides the finest care, comfort, companionship and delivers expertise in all five types of elderly care: dementia, nursing, residential, respite and palliative. We pride ourselves on the amazing people who work at each of our care homes. Our teams are integral to making the everyday a special day for residents, and making moments really matter.
We are working hard to become the leading residential care group in the South of England. We need an equally dedicated Registered Nurse for our Oakdale Care Home in Poole to join us on the journey.
Your new Registered Nurse role:
As a Registered Nurse, your focus will be to support our residents by providing consultancy and guidance for your colleagues to improve the quality of care we deliver. You will be responsible for the clinical assessment of our residents, ensuring appropriate care is planned, implemented, and evaluated.
Your commitment and professionalism will be rewarded with job satisfaction, support in your role,
great rates of pay, bonuses, flexible working hours, training and ongoing development, and a long list of benefits.
Summary of duties:
· To provide specialist nursing assessment, evidenced based intervention advice and support for carers.
· To provide consultancy to professional colleagues, the general public and others to support best practice in elderly nursing care with emphasis on dementia care.
· Responsible for clinical assessment of residents, ensuring appropriate care is planned, implemented, and evaluated, involving residents and users.
· To promote the rights, interests, needs and choices of carers and people with dementia in the planning, delivery and evaluation of care and services.
· To advise on, recommend and provide a range of effective evidence-based interventions at the early stages of diagnosis and/or pre-diagnosis and throughout the family’s journey, paying particular attention to loss, transitions and changing relationships.
· To liaise with GPs, case managers, primary health care practitioners, statutory and voluntary agencies regarding the best possible care for the family affected by dementia.
· Effectively communicate information regarding clinical decisions, policy and care pathways to residents/carers and the multi-professional team including situations where difficulties in comprehension occur.
· To maintain clinical records and provide verbal and written feedback appropriately and as required, to carers, and persons with dementia as appropriate, and referring agencies and professional colleagues.
· Utilise and ensure others utilise information and IT systems to secure accurate and timely resident, workforce and resource data.
· To integrate into practice current knowledge of dementia and caring, informed by research and other forms of evidence.
· To participate in and/or lead where appropriate formal training events such as courses, conferences, seminars and workshops at all levels, maintaining and contributing to higher level educational programmes in dementia care, disseminating nursing work, promoting best practice in dementia care.
What You’ll Get In Return:
We believe our team of experts should be recognised and valued. We want you to be happy at work and to truly believe that you are making a huge difference to so many people’s lives – not just our residents’ lives, but their loved ones too, as well as the dedicated team of nurses, carers and supporting roles. As such, we provide the following:
* Salary up to £22.62 per hour
* £3,000 Welcome Bonus*
* Shift Bonuses of £60 for every full shift in addition to contracted hours
* Paid NMC fees
* Revalidation support
* 28 days annual leave per annum (pro-rata) inclusive of bank holidays
* Free meals
* Birthday gift bag
* Recognition and Rewards programme
* Workplace pension scheme
* Refer A Friend Reward scheme
* Long Service Awards
* Genuine opportunities for career progression
* Learning & Development: We provide you with a personalised training plan, tailored to your individual needs
What You Need To Succeed:
* Valid RGN NMC Registration
* Experience within a health and social care setting with older people
* You may also have experience in the following: Deputy Care Home Manager, Deputy Care Manager, Deputy Manager, Clinical Lead, Clinical Manager, Head of Care, Care Home Manager or Care Manager
* Minimum 2 years of experience
* A clear understanding of CQC standards/ legislation
* Strong leader, highly clinically skilled, well organised, able to take the lead
* Great written and verbal skills for communication and understanding
* Good IT skills and confidence in computer-based work
* Able to inspire, motivate and lead by example
* Flexible approach to the rota to meet the needs of the home
We believe brilliant care starts with brilliant people. We are looking for individuals that share in our values so together, we can make moments truly matter. Sometimes it is little things that make a big difference to our residents. We want our staff to bring the following to their role:
* Joyfulness – we believe it’s important for our residents and staff to enjoy themselves
* Spontaneity – go with the flow; no two days are ever the same.
* Creative – find thoughtful and imaginative ways to connect with each resident.
* To feel part of a family – offering a shoulder to lean on and a friendly ear to comfort.
· Full Time and Part Time hours available
· On a rota basis, including alternate weekends
Make a difference tomorrow and apply to Encore TODAY…
What You Need To Do Now:
Click ‘Apply Now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Encore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to undertake a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check and following a change in government guidelines relating to Care Home employees, applicants are required to have valid proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
*Terms and conditions for Welcome Bonus:
£500 after 6 months’ service (subject to completion of probation), followed by £500 after 1 year’s successful service, plus another £1,000 after 18 months, and a further £1,000 after 2 years’ successful service