Registered Nurse - Learning Disability Rehabilitation
- Job Reference: 00039802-1
- Date Posted: 19 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Horsham, Sussex
- Salary: £32,750 to £34,250
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Registered Nurse - Specialist Care Home for young adults with complex health needs, which may include autism or learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced staff nurse - learning disability nurse ( RNLD ) , adult nurse ( RGN ) or mental health nurse ( RMN ) - to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist 30 bedded Service for young adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities in Horsham, West Sussex. This 30 bedded service is split across three separate ground floor units, each with 10 places for young people. Both homes have a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the Care Homes is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
· Location: Horsham, West Sussex
· Salary: £32,750 - £34,250 per annum ( £17.00 - £18.00 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
· Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 2 shifts p/w, 3 shifts p/w or 4 shifts p/w)
· Shifts: Options of Days only ( 8am - 8pm ) or Nights only ( 8pm - 8am ) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Care Home Details: This 30 bedded service is split across three ground floor units for young people with autism, learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities. They are a purpose built care home that offers a brand new social hub which opened in July 2019 - this hub provides an internal entertainment venue which allows for a different environment to spend time in the evening, with drinks, films and outside entertainment. Residents also have access to a sensory room and an on-site salt cave, two hydrotherapy pools and an activity centre.
Preceptorship Programme: In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ) , the Care Centre offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Care Centre offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. Nurses will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the Care Centre. Nurses will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. All nurses will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
· A thorough 2-week induction programme
· A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
· A fantastic preceptorship programme
· Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
· Paid handovers
· Access to development opportunities including:
· Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
· Leadership & management development
· Long service award
· A variety of flexible working options
· Free on-site parking
· 5.6 weeks of annual leave per annum (which increases after 2 years of service)
· A positive and friendly staff culture
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on (phone number removed) or email a copy of your CV to
Are you #readytowork #covid-19 #coronavirus
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.