Registered Nurse (Days OR Nights) - Livingston, West Lothian
- Job Reference: 00067193-1
- Date Posted: 25 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Livingston, West Lothian
- Salary: £19.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
Registered Nurse | RGN | RMN | RNLD
Salary: £19 per hour + £1,500 Welcome Bonus!
Location: Livingston, West Lothian
Contracted Hours: 36 hours, Days OR Nights
Service: Care Home with Nursing
Resident Admission Age: 60 years +
Care Categories: Dementia, Old Age, Physical Disability & Sensory Impairment
Contract type: Permanent
Requirements (Coronavirus) – If offered employment, you must produce evidence that you have either commenced or completed the vaccination programme. If not, you must agree to have both vaccinations before your start date. All staff need to be fully vaccinated by Thursday 11th November 2021 or prove medical exemption.
*All candidates must have a valid NMC Pin and full eligibility to live and work in the UK.*
Our client is currently looking for a Registered Nurse with the right skills, experience and personality to join their exceptional team in West Lothian who care for up to 60 residents. It is essential that candidates have experience of care of the elderly along with strong communication skills, a positive attitude and supervisory ability. It would also be desirable for candidates to have knowledge of dementia, the care home sector and a desire to work with the elderly.
Set in the historic Livingston Village and surrounded by the new town of Livingston, this impressive home has been completed to an exceptional standard and offers state of the art facilities for professional nursing care.
* To provide professional clinical nursing to all residents
* To abide by the Nursing & Midwifery Council’s (NMC’s) code of professional conduct
* To assist the home Manager in daily running of the nursing home, staff training & inductions
* To implement all company policies and practices
* To treat colleagues with respect and ensure teamwork is good
* To uphold residents’ rights to privacy, dignity, confidentiality and choice
* To report any ill health amongst residents and request professional visits where necessary
* To set a good example at all times in respect of dress, manner, hygiene and behaviour
* To maintain correctly written records and individual care plans as required by the company and statutory bodies
* To communicate all requests and changes of practice to all relevant personnel
* To report any injuries, disease and dangerous practice to all relevant personnel
* Overtime rate paid at time and a third.
* Fully-funded stakeholder pension scheme.
* Enhanced sick pay scheme covering week 3 to week 26.
* Our Nurses are well supported by management and there is a positive working environment in place.
* Opportunities for further personal development progression (from Staff Nurse to Charge Nurse, potentially towards management).
* Positive Care Inspectorate grades across our Group – well organised homes with good staffing levels.
* Consistency of management means stability for staff, residents and relatives (average Manager’s service is over 10 years).
* Long service holidays and awards.
* Low staff turnover against industry average (over a third of our overall staff have been here for 5 years or longer).
* Good level of Senior Management support – including a Director of Nursing Homes Operations, Director of Care Standards and Group Nurse Managers.
* A family feel to our organisation with 7 Nursing homes – all homes are extremely well supported.
* Death in service scheme.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Grace at Optima Plus.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Optima Nursing & Care Services Ltd is an employment agency with a legitimate interest in providing work finding services. Please be advised that by submitting your CV to Optima, directly or via any of our job advertisement platforms, your personal data will be held on our secure internal CRM. Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties without your consent. As an individual, you have the right to withdraw consent for your details to be held on our database at any time