- Job Reference: 00045734-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bungay, Suffolk
- Salary: £17.00 to £18.50 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
The Oakleaf Group is seeking to recruit qualified Staff Nurses (student nurses who are due to qualify are also welcome to apply).
The successful applicants will be responsible for leading the nursing shift, and ensuring high quality, specialist nursing care is delivered whilst working within the multidisciplinary team.
Applicants must be motivated and enthusiastic with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Comprehensive accredited training will be offered which is specific to their role.
The Oakleaf Group offers terms and conditions which reflect national industry standards and is an equal opportunities employer.
The Oakleaf Group also offers:
• Pension Scheme
• Reimbursement of annual Nursing Registration Fee
• Optional healthcare scheme
• 33 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
• Paid breaks
• Free meals when on duty
• Annual company shares scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounted shopping scheme
Hours of Work
Nights and Days available - Full and part time
· To maintain an up to date knowledge of all company policy and procedures and ensure these are followed at all times.
· Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in accordance with all Health and Safety, Infection Control, COSHH, and other government legislation.
· Assist in maintaining all COSHH records.
· Daily responsibility as Fire Warden - fulfil responsibilities required.
· To take responsibility for the residents and staff as Nurse In Charge of the unit during designated shift.
· Monitoring levels, safety and appropriate use of all stocks and supplies, carry out when required stock ordering.
· Ensuring the fabric and integrity of the building, fixtures and fittings is maintained to a high standard.
· Assist all non-qualified staff in the best use of their time, to the benefit of themselves, residents and the team in general.
· Monitor staffs’ dress standard, behaviour and performance whilst on duty.
· Ensure you are fully aware and operate within all policies and procedures, regularly updating knowledge of any changes.
· Responsible for the security of all keys, alarms and communication equipment and that these are carried at the directed times.
· Ensure keys, alarms and communication aids are carried by all staff on duty.
· Ensure and monitor all unit cleaning regimes and protocols in place are audited across site.
· Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the units equal opportunities and diversity policy.
· Ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard and in accordance with current quality initiatives within this area of work.
· To act at all times in a professional manner, role model - as an ambassador of excellence for The Oakleaf Group.
· Work with the Multidisciplinary Team in maintaining CQC Inspections and the National Service frameworks minimum standards.
· Be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all residents, visitors and staff.
· To offer support and assist senior management in debriefing colleagues following any required incident.
· Assist in areas of staff poor performance / disciplinary action.
· To maintain the morale of the team.
· Delegate projects and responsibilities.
· To meet requested tasks and deadlines as defined by the Registered Nurse Manager.
· Responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
· As Named Nurse responsible for collating and producing nursing report and attending multi disciplinary/funding reviews for assessment periods.
· Responsible for keeping up-to-date records in line with N.M.C.
· Responsible for reporting and accurately recording any untoward incidents/events along with collating and submitting reports relating to these on request.
· Responsible for ensuring documenting resident’s complaints.
· Assist junior staff in maintaining daily records across the site.
· Maintain own personal information and supervision records, maintain NMC professional registration.
· Take responsibility for carrying out unit quality assurance audits and designating these to Qualified and Unqualified staff. Meeting deadlines and targets.
· Act as Link Nurse where designated.
· Maintain effective listening and interpersonal skills.
· Responsible for own time management.
· Communicate effectively with the Multidisciplinary Team. Responsible for maintaining effective communication throughout the organisation.
· Responsible for recording resident’s mental/physical health and taking required appropriate action.
· Take lead role in discussions and meetings in relation to residents and the team where required.
· Communicate to families, relatives and other professionals when required.
· Communicate with unit R.M.O and GP.
· Maintain resident confidentiality/data protection in line with unit and policy.
· Attend regular scheduled team meetings.
· Report/action any maintenance repairs and/or risks.
· Assist in interviewing/recruitment of staff.
· Carry out clinical supervision and scheduled individual performance reviews.
· To follow the nursing process in developing effective care plans and ensure all staff adheres to prescribed care delivery.
· Responsible for ensuring referral enquiries are dealt with in an efficient courteous manner.
· To assist in delivering personal care to residents whilst respecting privacy, dignity and personal boundaries.
· To promote residents choice and equality.
· To be fully aware of all emergency procedures/administer basic life support.
· Delegation and coordination of special nursing observations and ensure observation protocols and paperwork completed and sent to appropriate managers.
· To undertake clinical assessments.
· Responsible for the ordering, stock control, storage, counts and administration of medicines in line with all CQC and NMC guidelines and requirements.
· To maintain collaborative working relationships with attending professionals and medical staff.
· Take active part in out of hours on-call policy and procedure.
· Responsible in carrying out mandatory/in house training.
· Take responsibility to ensure staff are suitably inducted and supported so as to achieve their optimum potential within their role.
· Assist junior staff in NVQ training.
· To monitor and develop your own educational needs and to ensure you are able to meet the requirements of your job role.
· Be prepared to undertake training to the benefit of delivery of care at The Oakleaf Group.
· Attend and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all mandatory training and other unit in house training as prescribed.
· To be, when appropriate, involved in external training, assessment, conferences and promotional work.
· To undertake research and seek to publish findings in relevant journals and related publications.
· To mentor and support student nurses.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete a enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021