- Job Reference: 00045582-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Chingford, London
- Salary: £29,000 to £30,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Want to make a difference? Join Salutem in supporting people to live the life they love!
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that’s why you should consider becoming part of our family.
Forest Haven is a 5-bed residential care home in Essex supporting adults with learning disabilties, autism and challenging behaviour to live a happy and active lifestyle.
Our Support Workers are the heroes of our workforce. They are the ones who overcome daily challenges to achieve amazing outcomes for the people we support. Each day will be different, and the main focus of your role is to enable those you support to have meaningful days, feeling empowered to live the life they love.
You will be responsible for:
* The overall operation of the service ensuring the smooth running and the allocation and management of staff
* The delivery of excellent operational services, regularly supervising the Team Leaders
* Ensuring the effective and efficient provision of support to the people using the service
The overall objective is to increase their social development and life skills to enable them to live as independent adults in the wider community
* You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent administrative skills and be able to organise and priorities your work load whilst being financially astute
* You will need to be experienced in care management and will possess excellent knowledge of Care Act 2014, Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulation 2014, CQC Regulations (Registration) 2009 and Valuing People Now
* You will have experience of motivating and enabling a staff team to achieve good outcomes in partnership with the people we support, and with an emphasis on role modelling best practice in a care environment
* You will have a proven track record of achieving Good-Outstanding outcomes from CQC.
Above all, you should be as approachable, as reliable and as dedicated as we are, and you’ll be poised to hit the ground ‘sprinting’
You will join us with a Registered Managers Award plus your Level 5 Diploma, or equivalent qualification, or be eligible to complete the Level 5 Diploma
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker - you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
* COVID-19 Vaccination
* Key Worker status
* Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
* Wagestream - our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
* Training/Qualification Opportunities – (mention specific courses/qualifications they can get while in the role if applicable) In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
* Internal progression opportunities - We're committed to supporting your learning and upskilling, and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
* Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
* Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
* Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
If you're looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply now