|Salary||£29000 - £31000 per annum||Sector||Government & Public Sector, Social Care, Professional & Admin, Building & Construction, Miscellaneous|
Our client in Weston-Super-Mare have a great opportunity for a Registered Manager to join their team. This is a crucial role to support the client with their vision of improving lives and benefitting communities.
The Registered Manager plays an important role in the company's success.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Manage the safety and quality of the business (Compliance):
- Manage the day to day running of the service and be the Registered Manager
- Comply with CQC fundamental standards, other relevant statutory requirements and the local are commissioning requirements
- To evaluate services through regular review, improving our care and support services
- Ensure that prior to each service commencing, a customer assessment and risk assessment with the customer has been completed including what the customer needs and would like to achieve from their care and support
- Apply excellent communications skills with customers, their families and their representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to delivery high quality homecare services
- To ensure the service is appropriately resources with the right number of suitably qualified, skilled and experienced staff
- Lead from the front, provide a positive example and demonstrate importance of an effective leader
- Be responsible for the recruitment, induction and training of the Care Coordinators, Senior Care Workers and Carers. Identifying ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to date with current best practice
- Ensure that all staff achieve and maintain Care Certificate accreditation, with suitable systems of monitoring, observations and evidence approval
- Achieving and maintaining CQC registration, maintaining a Good CQC rating
- To manage projects that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service
- To produce monthly management reports and attend Senior Managers Meetings
- The post holder will be expected to support other Registered Managers in their absence, potentially holding the Registration when the post is vacant
- Ensure that the client meets all statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations and control requirements, with all returns being completed accurately and on time
- Use networks, relationships and partnerships inside and outside the sector to optimise impacts for the business
- Significant experience of working in a registered domiciliary care service or similar
- Experience of managing staff / supervising staff
- Recognised Management and Leadership Qualification
If you are interested in this great opportunity then please click apply to send your CV or if you have any questions please call Kirk on 01179 226 500.