Regional Senior Operations and Maintenance Engineer
- Job Reference: 00007195-1
- Date Posted: 20 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak telent is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
Job Title: Regional Senior Engineer
Location: WorldWide Field - WWFIE
Type of Job: Permanent
Ref No.: V9483
To provide support to the Regional Manager in delivering planned and/or maintenance services for the motorway telecoms infrastructure.
* To oversee that the team works in accordance with agreed processes and controls
* To drive a 'can-do' philosophy within the teams and to work pro-actively with the Client.
* To collaborate with the other teams in O&M to resolve operational Issues and contribute to a sustainable business.
* To maintain and develop strong and trusting relationships with your peers and with the HIGHWAYS ENGLAND
* To provide functional day to day supervision to a team of engineers as required, to ensure that the highest levels of service are attained in delivering works and/or maintenance activities whilst maximising the productivity and effectiveness of the team's available resources.
* To ensure that established and potentially new relationships within the client and their scheme sub-contractors are maintained and developed
Planning and delivery of maintenance, both reactive and planned
Responsible for deputising for the Regional Manager at times of absence.
Assisting the field team in resolving complex issues through sound technical support and direction.
Completing developmental and training needs of engineers through their operational objectives and annual performance reviews.
Working to identify and address root cause of repeated failures and to drive down truck rolls.
Completing all aspects of planned and/or maintenance activities.
Responsible for ensuring that established and potentially new customer relationships are maintained and developed by demonstrating the highest level of professionalism at all times.
Completion of all relevant documentation and sign off.
Managing third party subcontractors.
Monitor and report to Management team on progress and issues.
To show a high level of professionalism at all times.
To promote the company and its services to our customers.
Business Operations Skills - Experience:
Experienced in Installation and Commissioning of HIGHWAYS ENGLAND/Alcatel/Nokia equipment.
* Supervising short and long term HE Projects.
* Confident and able to work unsupervised.
* Some supervision of sub-contractors may be required.
* Build confidence and competence through the application of instruction and training.
* Understand knowledge level and when further clarification is required.
* Overview of MS Office applications.
* Good communication.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
HNC or equivalent and relevant industry experience.
* First line supervisory management qualification or experience.
* Experience of working on motorways and with HA communications/ Telecommunications
Self-motivated and driven.
* Flexible approach to work.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion