|Location||Swindon, Wiltshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Competitive||Sector||Building & Construction|
An exciting position has become available for a Sales Manager who will assume overall responsibility for delivering a high level of profitable sales growth in the South Region and developing regional sales management strategy. You will manage and report on performance against KPIs of the Account Managers, identifying best practice, ensuring sales opportunities are maximised and identifying issues and remedial action.
Key to the role will be the identifcation and generation of sales leads, assisting and monitoring the Account Managers in conducting and undertaking their own customer visits as well as developing sales and account management competencies and knowledge of products and customer sectors.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holidays rising to 26 after 1 year plus bank holidays, salary bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
- Achieving individual and managing delivery of all Accounts Managers’ sales growth targets including hire sales and sales of other products / services, e.g. consumables
- Implementing and monitoring of sales management systems across the Accounts Managers
- Ensuring that Accounts Managers and own performance on sales discounts, bad debts and other sales KPIs are within agreed target levels
- Ensuring that all Accounts Managers collectively and individually identifies and converts sales leads
- Ensuring that the Accounts Managers identify and generates sales opportunities for the wider Speedy Group divisions and not just the Lifting or given Region
- Reviewing progress of the Accounts Team on a regularly basis with the Regional Director
- Reviewing, agreeing and authorising pricing / tender proposals prepared by the Accounts Managers
- Preparing and providing forecasts of future sales performance when requested
- Allocation of a set number of accounts above £10,000
- Attending all own Customer and prospective Customer appointments and where relevant join appointments arranged by Accounts Managers
- Undertaking all own prospecting, planning and account management activity as required and support as appropriate Accounts Managers in their prospecting, planning and account management activity
- Working with the Regional Director to ensure that the Sales territory is appropriately managed and prospected by the Accounts Managers
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Sales planning
- Implementation, monitoring and control of sales systems and teams
- People, management and leadership skills
- Time management
- Recruiting and induction capabilities
- Coaching, training and appraisal capabilities
- Professional communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and closing skills
- High level of integrity and trust in the Sales Team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Committed and target / action focused
- Takes ownership and responsibility for Sales Team and Customer accounts
- Flexibility to travel as required for the role
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service