Regional Operations Manager
|Job Title:||Regional Operations Manager|
|Location:||South West of the UK - Not fixed place of work|
|Salary:||£50,000-£62,000 plus bonus and benefits|
|Start Date:||2019-04-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katherine Bell|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2019 16:06|
The Corporate Services segment in Sodexo is recruiting a Regional Operations Manager for one of our corporate contracts. The role will cover the contracts South West Region with sites covering Manufacturing, Specialist Research & Development and Office Based facilities that are occupied by senior business leaders. In addition some sites host a number of 3rd Party Tenants with a mixture of lease agreements and requirements.
As a senior manager you will effectively manage the FM Operations Management teams, liaising with both technical and functional experts from within Sodexo and the client to ensure that exemplary facilities services are provided at all sites within the account area delivering Hard, Soft and Technical and Project based activities to sites.
This role has a highly competitive salary with an array of benefits attached including bonus, a car, a flexible benefits fund, retailer discount schemes, annual leave and pension.
If you would like more information to understand what it is like to work for Sodexo and a career in Corporate Services, please follow the link below;
Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
- Coordinate and direct all activities within the assigned area, and provide ad-hoc support to other areas within account if required
- Ownership of local Account Strategies agreed with the Account Director
- Manage and control the services to the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets, ( IFM Service Offerings )
- Manage a team to increase revenue opportunities i.e. commercial opportunities, labour efficiency and expected levels of GOP.
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure value for money and operational efficiency is achieved through robust management of suppliers and measurement of performance.
- Nurture client relationships in order to stabilise & develop them for long term partnerships
- Recruit, induct and develop talented employees within the business portfolio and to manage poor performance.
- Identify opportunities for organic growth and new business and work with experts in the business to secure these
- To status report against all activity taking place within Account area including status reporting on all Capex or Minor works projects
- Management of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation relating to the Sites portfolio ensuring the statutory requirements are met and all records maintained up to date
- Responsible for driving Continuous Improvement, Efficiency & Value for Money throughout the account
- Risk management – minimise risk and maintain profitability across all service lines
- Ensure client has access to the right level of technical advice from Sodexo as required, act as facilitator of these interventions.
- Supporting Client Energy management Targets and Strategies
- Ensuring the provision of suitable Business Continuity measures & support to Site Incident response procedures
- Management of large and diverse IFM site service delivery teams
- Good all round communications skills.
- Relationship builder and experience in working in a matrix delivery environment
- IT literate and financially astute
- Operating at management level in an M&E environment
- Broad knowledge of multiple service lines and their benefit to an organisation
- Knowledgeable of risk and legislation across all service lines, does not need to be the expert, however needs to be able to mitigate these with the help of Sodexo experts and Governance and Policy Good Commercial and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience in an integrated facilities management role covering Hard, Soft and Catering Services
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- IOSH qualification or equivalent - Completion of internal SHE online training to IOSH mandatory
- Proven experience of developing profitable relationships
- NEBOSH general certificate
- Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge of external industry developments & contract development models
- Strong communication, and negotiation skills
- Excellent client relationship management
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
- Corporate member of relevant professional institution
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- CIEH level 3 qualification or equivalent
- HNC or HND in Hard Services or equivalent business management qualifications
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's