|Salary||Competitive||Sector||Building & Construction|
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Speedy for a Regional Lifting Manager to deliver a high quality and consistent service in a cost efficient way through excellence. Optimal use of assets and management and engagement of people. Full compliance with a single operating system to reduce risk and enable delivery, growing sustainable profit through operational effectiveness and service excellence.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holidays rising to 26 after 1 year plus bank holidays, salary bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
- In the interests of Speedy Services plc, deliver sustained growth and profitability through operational effectiveness and service excellence.
- Meet and exceed the expectations of customers through the delivery of service and product excellence according to the prescribed operating model.
- Develop and grow new and existing customer relationships in order to understand existing and potential requirements.
- Management of Lifting Depot Managers and to ensure adherence to all Company procedures, systems and processes across own area.
- Create a collaborative sharing of resources across all Lifting depots to ensure optimal use and to meet both customer requirements and business demands.
- Develop the Company’s people capability aligned to business goals, including the identification and development of Speedy’s future leaders through talent management.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations relating to Health and Safety/Quality Assurance/LOLER including completion of statutory training.
- Manage and promote a safe, healthy and sustainable environment for employees, customers and the general public.
- Ensure highest levels of quality and availability of Lifting products/services whilst maintaining optimum stock levels.
- Maintain professional Speedy brand reputation through the maintenance of property (Stand alone Lifting depots), kit, vehicles and people to high levels of presentation standards.
- Develop all Lifting Depot Managers according to the development framework and ensure that they have their teams equally trained and developed according to the Speedy Career Journey.
- Maximise the potential of retail sales and up sell/cross sell opportunities.
- Seek and pass any new or existing customer or market intelligence to the Sales team.
- Have involvement in and lead where appropriate any strategic projects relevant to role.
- Completion of management reports and information in a timely manner.
- Ensure that team adopt and maintain the Spirit.
- To ensure that all assets are fully compliant with current Health & Safety regulations and maintained in line with service schedules.
- To ensure asset availability by optimizing utilization and reducing equipment waiting for repair or service – understand that Lifting is a specialist broad range of equipment.
- To ensure full adherence to loss and damage management.
- Maintain knowledge of the group’s Lifting & Handling equipment for hire/sale and activities.
- Solid background within the lifting industry.
- Significant experience working on a lifting hire desk.
- Full awareness of the whole product range.
- To be able to demonstrate 100% technical credibility with the lifting depot network.
- Minimum 2 x LEEA/CTA Qualifications
Ability to demonstrate our values (Spirit)
- As One
Key Speedy Leadership Capabilities
- Customer Service Focus
- Process and Project Management
- Planning and Monitoring
- Leadership and Direction Giving
- Driving Through Sustainable Change
- Communication and Consulting
- Results Driven
- Operational excellence (process and service)
- Numerous, multi-site operations
- Interaction with all disciplines/departments
- Significant customer contact
- Travel and flexibility requirements
- Retail multi-site
- People management
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service