|Job Title:||Recruitment Assistant|
|Salary:||Up to £10.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2019 16:23|
Help Royal Mail deliver Christmas
As Christmas approaches, the nation's expectations and excitement to send and receive letters, parcels and gifts reaches fever-pitch. Royal Mail need your help employing temporary Christmas staff.
As a key member of the Royal Mail Christmas Recruitment Team, you will help employ an extra 18,000 sorters to meet the festive season's demands, ensuring all candidates have a positive experience through their registration process.
Do you love working in a busy environment as part of a supportive team?
We are looking for great administrators who have a few days free between the end of September to early November and are looking for an unusual but exciting chance to experience working as a member of the Royal Mail recruitment team at their seasonal recruitment events.
As a Christmas Recruitment Assistant, you will represent Royal Mail at a number of event days in your local area, working alongside Royal Mail colleagues. As one big team we will help event visitors with their applications for work as Sorters at this critical time of the year.
Are you a good communicator with exceptional attention to detail?
The majority of the group will be supporting candidates on a one to one basis as a document checker.
You will have discussions to ensure the candidates understand the requirements of the roles and the shifts on offer. You will go through their application forms with them, making sure we have all the information we need to progress the application to the next stage. It is essential that you are able to quickly build a rapport with the candidates to maintain a constructive conversation. During the session the documentation provided to evidence proof of right to work, proof of identity and proof of address will need to be scrutinised and recorded. The documents completed and copied will make up the candidates recruitment pack which will be sent to the central recruitment team at the end of the day. As trusted recruitment assistants, you will ensure all forms and employment checks are 100% completed before making job offers. The one to one sessions will take approximately 15 minutes. You will need to work diligently and at pace in a busy environment. We are looking for people who are confident to undertake these conversations, who take pride in working efficiently and accurately with the ability to handle personal and sensitive data.
Once an offer has been made and the candidate pack has been completed the details for each candidate will be recorded electronically for submission to the central recruitment team. Each group will require a computer literate member whose role will be to input this information for all candidates into a spreadsheet. In addition to excel competency this role will also require an exceptional level of attention to detail and 100% accuracy to ensure each candidate's information is recorded correctly and against the relevant vacant role. Is this your strength?
These opportunities will suit anyone looking for a few days' work, perhaps any aspiring recruitment professionals. We'd love to hear from students, school-leavers and anyone with previous admin experience and a positive attitude.
You will be supported with a training session prior to the event which will last up to 5 hours; you will be paid for 8 hours for this training.
Key Competencies include:-
* The ability to travel to (provide travel option details here).
* Excellent time-management skills in order to deal with high volume repetitive work.
* Attention to detail and maintain high level of accuracy.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* A willingness to work long hours to ensure all activities are completed by the end of each day.
* Able to take on different tasks at the recruitment event as assigned by the Christmas. Registration Lead / Coach to handle the workload.
* Excellent interpersonal skills / clear handwriting (document checker)
* Intermediate Microsoft Excel (data input duty)
Your Key Responsibilities at the events may include:-
* Support the delivery of the Recruitment Day.
* Attend a meeting at the start of each recruitment day to ensure understanding of the day's targets and requirements.
* Set up and clear rooms as guided by your line manager who will be the Registration Lead.
* Comply with Royal Mail standards, policies and procedures.
* Meet and greet event visitors.
* Ensure that all paperwork provided by candidates meets the required compliance and legislative requirements.
* Input accurate personal details onto the Candidate Log.(Data Input)
* Complete all required checklists for each applicant, flagging up any errors.
* Help candidates to choose a suitable role / shift.
* Maintain confidentiality of all paperwork and information.
* Flag up queries or issues to the Registration Lead or Support.
* Carry out recruitment day duties as needed by your team
* View online applications on a mobile device.
* Balance candidate packs and prepare for dispatch.
How will this role benefit me?
You will learn the basic vetting and recruitment process of registering Sorters for Royal Mail whilst gaining experience working for a much loved brand. You will add a reputable employer reference to your CV for your future job applications.
Pay Rate: £10 per hour
* 8 hours pay provided for training session prior to event
* On-the-job training also provided
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£20000 - £24000 per annum, Benefits: uncapped commission scheme
£17000 - £20000 per annum
£18500 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus
£19000 - £24000 per annum
£18500 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: bonus