Recovery Support Worker - Days, Nights and Bank
- Job Reference: 00045593-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Woodhouse, Leicestershire
- Salary: £9.27 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Full time / Part time Recovery Support Workers Days, Nights and Bank shifts available
About the Role
We are seeking to recruit full and part time Recovery Support Workers to join our service in Finchley Road, we are looking for people who share our vision for high quality Mental Health recovery services.
To undertake support duties to residents with varying degrees of mental health illness, in line with agreed plans and direction by the clinical team using a recovery focussed model. We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve. If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* To provide support to residents with daily living, following support plans and working within the Recovery Model.
* To promote residents physical wellbeing through regular health checks, promoting healthy life choices and promoting social inclusion.
* To assist in the development of resident’s personal recovery support plans, their implementation, monitoring and review.
* To work towards attaining as much involvement, independence and choice as possible for residents in the organisation of their daily lives, following their individual programmes and operational policies.
* To support residents to integrate and gain new experiences within their local community.
* To support residents to be socially acceptable with communal dining and nurture an environment that is conducive to social interaction.
* To establish and maintain relationships with residents which will complement and contribute to the recovery care programme and create a pleasant and therapeutic environment in which to live.
* To participate in the preparation and serving of meals with residents where appropriate, taking into account residents’ personal preferences, choice and the need for a balanced diet.
* To act as a co key-worker for a resident with support from the key worker/deputy/hospital manager.
* To be supportive of residents in all areas identified within the recovery support plan with an emphasis on the promotion of a progressive care pathway.
* Demonstrate a willingness to be respectful, accepting and tolerant of the people that require support, ensuring that residents’ needs are met and that the dignity of residents and staff is maintained at all times.
* To contribute to the running of the hospital by general housekeeping and cleaning.
* To have an understanding of the impact that inconsistency and inflexibility would have on residents.
* To actively participate in team working and provide accurate and timely written and verbal reports to the multi-disciplinary team or individual residents’ clinical notes.
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
* NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
* Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
* The ability to keep calm under pressure
* Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills
* The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
* The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
* We offer Permanent contracts 37.5 hrs per week or become a Bank Worker on a 0hr contract
* Career progression path within the company
* Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
* DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Upholding the values of the organisation: PERSON-CENTRED FRIENDLY INNOVATIVE POSITIVE EMPOWERING.
Caretech offer - Stakeholder Pension Scheme, employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday and Share Save
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021