|Salary||Competitive||Sector||Building & Construction|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Rail Engineer to take overall responsibility for the inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of hire equipment and ensure that all work undertaken is safe and complies with Speedy Hire safety standards
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days after 1 year plus bank holidays, bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
- As an experienced Rail Engineer you should know the Completion of transfer sheets, test tickets and all associated inspection, repair and maintenance paperwork and input of maintenance information into the maintenance management database via the current PDA’s, Only inspecting, testing, maintaining and repairing that equipment for which you have been deemed compete A rail engineer can work to the highest standard of Health and Safety (Wearing full uniform and PPE at all times). Rail engineer is responsible for the Repair, maintain and service a wide variety of Rail Plant and equipment to Speedy and Manufacturer’s specification Identify and resolve problems quickly, engineer out repetitive breakdownsSourcing spare parts and consumables from approved suppliers,Assisting the Depot Manager/Foreman to support depot operations to provide customer assistance. Ensuring that all equipment is cleaned/painted so as to be presented to customers in accordance with Company standards
- Previous rail experience
- Organisation and communication skills
- Team working
- Broad knowledge and experience of rail plant and associated accessories
- Setting high standards and producing a quality product, taking pride in the work delivered.
- Capable of taking ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- PTS Qualified
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Knowledge of Speedy Hire equipment/ products
- Formal technical/ engineering background and qualifications
- Full driving licence
About the company
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service