Speedy Services are currently looking for a Coordinator to join our Rail function based in Newport. The main element of this role is to support our Rail projects, ensuring everything runs smoothly, by using your organisational and relationship building skills.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, great over time rate, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days after 1 year plus bank holidays, bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
The Rail coordinator will be required to develop and grow existing, customer relationships to understand existing and potential project needs to optimise bespoke Speedy Assets and Services offering.
Primary accountability is to deliver Strategic Rail Projects / Programmes in a controlled, co-ordinated and professional manner in accordance with the CP6 Timetable.
The main elements of the role will consist of:
- Build a strong network of working relationships with site managers, site supervisors, project manager, supply chain manager and suppliers, for delivery in a project-controlled manner, ensuring that everything is in place for the project needs.
- Ensure company procedures for on/off hire, loss, damage back on hire are adhered to
- Raise customer orders as per their request
- Ensure service issues are resolved day to day
- Ensure recurring issues are rectified and the relevant people within Speedy notified
- Attend daily / weekly operational meetings as required
- Be fully aware of the delivery performance onsite
- Work with end users who require new product and or technical advice and facilitate this from Speedy services into the site.
Key Measures of Performance
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Accurate and timely completion of company reporting systems (CRM)
- Customer Feedback:
- Internal Networking
To be successful as a Rail Coordinator within Speedy you will need;
- Communication / Presentation:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, professional at all times
- Not afraid to question / challenge / follow-up on actions and apply the relevant level of pressure to get the right results / actions
- Speedy “Wise”
- A good knowledge / understanding of a broad range of Speedy activities
- Strong Attention to Detail:
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times
- Financial and Commercial Acumen
- Professional communication and presentation skills
- Capable of developing strong client relationships
- Taking ownership and responsibility
- Process and Project Management
- Competent level of IT understanding
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service