Quantity Surveyor (Part Time)
|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor (Part Time)|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steve Jackson132|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2019 16:32|
£30-35k pro rata
Temp to Perm assignment
Do you have previous QS experience within the construction or property-build industry?
Are you experienced in preparing bill of quantities, cost analysis and tender documents?
Can you coordinate information between site, contractors and suppliers to maximise the project value?
This is a unique opportunity working for a newly established property firm with middle-eastern backing, currently developing residential properties in the UK. As one of the first new members of staff to join the Directors, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the construction projects, taking responsibility for the contractual and financial side of the business.
You'll seek to minimise the cost of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met. You'll prepare estimates and costs of the work and when the project is in progress, you'll keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
Alternative job titles include construction cost consultant and commercial manager.
• Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
• Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
• Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
• Perform risk, value management and cost control
• Advise on a procurement strategy
• Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
• Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
• Allocate work to subcontractors
• Provide advice on contractual claims
• Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
• Value completed work and arrange payments
• Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
• Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
Ideal candidates will have similar experience, the ability to prioritise, work with limited supervision and manage their own time effectively. Initially on a temp to perm basis for the successful candidate, main hours will be around 2.5 days per week, c20 hours.
Benefits include weekly pay, paid annual leave, opportunities to develop and progress and shape the administrative function of the department.
Interested? Click to apply!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £45000 per annum
£300 - £350 per day
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£50000 - £62500 per annum
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Hereford and Worcester
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Junior estimator/ junior quantity surveyor
£20000 - £35000 per annum