|Salary||£35000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Car/allowance, holiday, pension,health care, life insurance, bonus etc||Sector||Building & Construction|
A brand new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join regional and award winning contractor, working on multi million pound housing schemes throughout Cornwall
It is essential to have a background in construction ideally having worked on residential projects. You will be accustomed to JCT and NEC forms of contract. Excellent communication skills are required, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Strong Commercial awareness is a must!
This will be a site based role and depending on size you could be responsible for 1 - 3 sites. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for all qs duties including (but not limited to):
- Assisting in the preparation of the Cost / Value reports
- Monthly Company Final Accounts
- Ensure commercial return is achieved
- Agree Final Accounts with sub-contractors
- Assist the commercial lead with the resolution of contractual disputes and potential issues
- Monthly valuations
- Cash-flow forecasts
- Monitor Sub-contractors account
- Arrange and attend subcontractor pre-let meetings
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of residential and mixed use scheme, in return this company can offer you a highly competitive salary and package, a stable pipeline of work in the Cornwall area, progression opportunities and support/funding for further education or chartership.
This is a permanent site based role, with occasional travel to Exeter.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Essential to have a background in construction, ideally working on Residential Projects
- HNC/HND/ Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent or equivalent experience is desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of JCT contracts
For more information please call Abi on 01392 314052 or click to apply
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 + Package