|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£41000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-05-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Denise Phillips|
|Job Published:||April 04, 2019 12:14|
We are looking for people to join an established and expanding team and over the course of your career at with the company you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Projects ranging in value from £25k to £200M.
In this role you will primarily be responsible for all the commercial and/or operational aspects of the contracts allocated to you by your Manager. You will be provided a diverse portfolio of projects from working on our leakage programme to working on a large DPC (Direct Procurement for Customers) project worth billions of pounds.
This role is based at Reading, Berkshire with a salary of up to £41,000, depending on skills and experience.
There is a competitive Salary package includes up to 28 days annual leave depending on length of service, generous Pension scheme whereby the company will match twice of what you contribute up to a 12% company contribution, life insurance of 8 x salary, annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service.
A valid UK driving licence would be beneficial as there will be some travel required to other company sites.
Working within an established team you will gain insight into how the UK's largest water company selects and manages its suppliers across a wide spectrum of services, from supplying pumps to repairing leaks, and recruiting temporary staff through to managing our facilities or treatment plant upgrades.
You will be a part of a highly professional Quantity Surveying team empowered to make decisions and responsible for all commercial aspects of their Contracts. The role will provide a diverse range of Quantity Surveying duties in pre and post Contract areas.
This role also offers you the opportunity to become a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and you would have the opportunity to work within a very successful structured APC training programme with the support network of a number of Chartered Quantity Surveyors, RICS APC assessors and colleagues studying to become MRICS and FRICS.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Annual and final accounting.
- Estimating and forecasting.
- Ensuring that appropriate processes are in place and monitored on your portfolio of contracts to demonstrate contractual compliance is maintained and any non performance of the contract is identified, with corrective actions implemented as necessary.
- Resolving general disputes and claims as well as providing advice and support to the business.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assisting in establishing the client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings from received tenders;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Plus loads of other activities
- Enthusiastic person who will take ownership of tasks
- Ability to devise plans of action and deliver effective solutions;
- Attention to detail;
- Team-player who is able to advise colleagues;
- Confident communicator;
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is required;
- In depth knowledge of infrastructure and the water industry is preferable;
- Dedication and a willingness to learn and develop is also fundamental;
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Managing Quantity Surveyor
£65000 - £75000 per annum
Quantity Surveyor - Building
£40000 - £50000 per annum
MEP Quantity Surveyor
£55000 - £60000 per annum
Up to £30,000 + package
Chartered Building Surveyor
£40,000 + generous package