|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kerry Hillyard|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2019 10:51|
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company as a Quantity Surveyor in a fun, open plan environment as an integral part of a larger team. This is a fast paced role that requires someone who can take ownership of events, think on their feet, devise a plan of action and implement effective solutions.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be working with the Commercial Team in the day to day management of a portfolio of contracts. Responsibilities will vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on, but can include:
- Client Applications: Ensure job portfolio and cash flow is managed, that work is correctly valued and applied in timely manner both through interim applications and preparation of Final Account.
- Client Variations: To manage and track client variations, to ensure work is brought into programme, that the additional work is managed with the subcontracts and that profitability is maintained.
- Contract Review: To review and amend client contracts in order to manage risk both at inception and through the duration of the contract. To ensure contract is in line with estimating assumptions.
- Ongoing Client liaison: To maintain relationship with client, to ensure fair valuation of works and fair reflection of agreed contracts.
- Subcontractor: To send out enquiries on forthcoming works, to establish all subcontracts needed to complete works within budget, to manage the contract and the budget throughout the duration of the contract. To maintain subcontractor relationship, to value their works and issue timely Payment Certificates in line with agreed payment structure. To manage subcontractor portfolio to ensure subcontractors are resourced to complete works.
- Budgeting: To understand the basis of the scope of the contract and the pricing basis, to ensure work is completed within budget, to do monthly cost reports and identify risks to profitability.
- Labour allocation: To work alongside installation manager to review and manage in house labour allocation.
- Remedial Works: To ensure subcontractors are notified of defective works, that costs are allocated to their accounts where applicable.
- Worked as a Quantity Surveyor within the glazing or construction industry
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Confident dealing with internal and external personnel of all levels
- Ability to hold your ground and offer reasoned advice in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient IT Skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Car/allowance, holiday, pension,health care, life insurance, bonus
£45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car/allowance, holiday, pension, bonus etc
£41000 per annum
£41000 per annum
Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Up to £25k + benefits