|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£33000 - £37000 per annum, Benefits: Company Car OR Car Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Willey|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2019 13:55|
Location - Barnstaple
Salary - £33,000 - £37,000
Interview Date - TBC
Start Date - ASAP
A company who I am working closely with have a new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor - The company provide general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services across multiple sites in the South West. the experienced QS will be capable of controlling all phases of project cost management, from inception through to completion. They will also maintain and contribute to the company’s robust commercial procedures, identifying and minimising risk whilst taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. Liaison with other parties, both internally and externally and developing positive relationship is essential for this role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the successful Quantity Surveyor -
- Analysis of enquiry requirements and production of cost plan.
- Conduct take offs and produce schedule of rates.
- Produce comprehensive quotations.
- Control all aspects of project or contract cost management.
- Engage with supply chain and conduct procurement.
- Understand the implications of H&S regulations.
- Authorisation of supply chain invoices and settling final accounts.
- Carry out invoicing and applications as appropriate and settle final accounts.
- Pricing and agreeing variations.
- Production of cost value reconciliations as appropriate.
- Produce cash flow forecasts as necessary.
- Maintain and contribute to robust commercial procedures.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Maintain and develop a knowledge of industry developments and practices.
- Build and maintain effective working relations with other departments.
- Construction HNC or similar. (e.g. Accounts or Business related)
- Commercial experience in a construction or maintenance environment.
- Management of project costs.
- Knowledge of construction processes and phases.
- Working relationships with clients and supply chain.
- Microsoft Office software.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's