- Job Reference: 00006472-1
- Date Posted: 12 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Lancaster, Lancashire
- Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Quality Technician – Growing Business
Do you want to be part of a leading, innovative growing business?
This is a great opportunity for you if you have a strong mechanical engineering and quality inspection background to develop into a quality engineer.
This is a great small innovative and growing engineering business who have developed products and solutions for a number of industries which are set for big growth this year. As an autonomous part of a larger group, they are well funded and have an excellent track record of developing new products and winning new contracts. Within the last two months they have secure a major multi-million-pound contract and look set for a positive Q2 of 2020 despite the restrictions of Covid-19.
Joining the QHSE team you will take a hands-on role in ensuring product quality of all incoming parts and components. You will be
* Working with the shop floor team to ensure all parts are dimensionally checked
* Use traditional dimensional inspection techniques as well as the Faro Arm
* Liaise with suppliers to ensure that they are compliant with product specifications
* Ensure supplier compliance to ISO9001
* Investigate and close out any NCR’s
* Travel to suppliers where necessary (mainly UK based) to tackle quality issues and work towards a seamless flow from suppliers into the business
This is ideally suited to a time-served mechanical engineer (or equivalent) who has good hands on practical experience within a machining, assembly or manufacturing environment. As the role is heavily involved in Quality Inspection you must be able to demonstrate strong dimensional inspection skills. As you will be part of a team this role is well suited to anyone with strong communication and teamwork skills. Finally, as this role could develop into a supplier quality role, you will need to be comfortable dealing with suppliers and demonstrate good commercial acumen.
If this is of interest, apply now…
£25,000 - £30,000
33 days holidays
Excellent working hours