|Location||Yeovil, Somerset||Job Type||Contract|
|Salary||£15.01 - £18.05 per hour||Sector||Engineering|
Do you have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken (Manufacturing experience also considered)?
Acorn is currently recruiting for a skilled Inspector to work on site at our offices in Yeovil.
The role will involve:
- Inspection of detailed and final assembly Aerospace Equipment, in accordance manufacturing instructions, specifications and customer / regulator requirements.
- Working within an empowered team environment.
The position of the Inspector holds the following responsibilities:
- Checking product conformity to engineering drawing and specifications.
- Producing First Article Inspection reports.
- OCQ - Operator Control of Quality.
- To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard.
- Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Engineering Apprenticeship (desirable but not essential).
- Previous inspection knowledge / experience desirable.
- Knowledge of CMM (co-ordinate measuring machine) applications.
- Knowledge of hand measuring equipment such as Vernier, Micrometer, thread and plug gauges.
- High standard of Health & Safety.
- Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets.
- Working with Designers and Engineers.
Attributes / skills required:
- The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken (Manufacturing experience also considered).
- PC literate.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative.
- Continuous Improvement.
Any further training requirements will be provided:
- PC skills (PDM and SAP).
- Manual handling.
- Abrasive wheels.
- 5 Ss.
- Lean (KanBans, Line Side Stock, etc.)
- General Health and Safety.
This position is subject to meeting the eligibility conditions of export control licenses and Technical Assistant agreements.