|Job Title:||Quality Inspector|
|Salary:||£15.01 - £18.05 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Warren|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2019 10:30|
Do you have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken (Manufacturing experience also considered)?
Acorn is currently recruiting for a skilled Inspector to work on site at our offices in Yeovil.
The role will involve:
- Inspection of detailed and final assembly Aerospace Equipment, in accordance manufacturing instructions, specifications and customer / regulator requirements.
- Working within an empowered team environment.
The position of the Inspector holds the following responsibilities:
- Checking product conformity to engineering drawing and specifications.
- Producing First Article Inspection reports.
- OCQ - Operator Control of Quality.
- To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard.
- Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Engineering Apprenticeship (desirable but not essential).
- Previous inspection knowledge / experience desirable.
- Knowledge of CMM (co-ordinate measuring machine) applications.
- Knowledge of hand measuring equipment such as Vernier, Micrometer, thread and plug gauges.
- High standard of Health & Safety.
- Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets.
- Working with Designers and Engineers.
Attributes / skills required:
- The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken (Manufacturing experience also considered).
- PC literate.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative.
- Continuous Improvement.
Any further training requirements will be provided:
- PC skills (PDM and SAP).
- Manual handling.
- Abrasive wheels.
- 5 Ss.
- Lean (KanBans, Line Side Stock, etc.)
- General Health and Safety.
This position is subject to meeting the eligibility conditions of export control licenses and Technical Assistant agreements.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£25000 - £28000 per annum
£20000 - £26000 per annum
£20000 - £23000 per annum
£26000 - £30000 per annum
£23000 - £25000 per annum