Quality Inspection Tech
|Job Title:||Quality Inspection Tech|
|Salary:||£24120 - £26800 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-04-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Angela Jay|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2019 14:44|
Location: Warrington, Cheshire WA4 6PS
Salary: £24,120 - £26,800 (inclusive of shift allowances) + overtime
Hrs : Rotating 3 shift pattern (Mon-Fri)
Contract Type: Perm / Full time
A Cheshire based company who play a major part in steel industry working on large international projects is seeking a Quality Inspection Technician to work within their Quality team based in Warrington, Cheshire.
This role is ideal for hungry, career driven candidates wanting to secure a position within a stable reputable company.
The purpose will be to ensure that the final product meets customer requirements after final production, using a variety of inspection methods and recording results.
As the Quality Inspection Technician your duties will be to:
- Ensure the compliance of all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Undertake inspection of sample batches and input results accordingly.
- Check and certify that the product sent to customers meets the agreed specification.
- Quality checking products visually using microscope/micrometer to ensure size and spec are as required along with smooth surface finishes.
- Ensure that results and records are accurate and kept up to date at all times.
- With knowledge gained through the role and ongoing personal development you achieve, you would become responsible for the non-conformance reporting and auditing.
To be a successful Quality Inspection Technician you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a similar Quality/Inspection role is preferred.
- Ideally come from an Engineering/Manufacturing environment.
- Experience using a variety of measuring equipment including micrometres
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a drive to progress their career.
- Must have a flexible approach to work with a "can do" attitude.
- Computer Literate with knowledge of Microsoft packages.
This role will involve an initial training period of approx. 4 weeks which will be on a standard day shift, which would then move onto a three shift rotation system comprising of 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm / 10pm-6am.
The starting salary would be based on £20,863 whilst on training (approx. 4 weeks)
This would increase to £24,120 - £26,800 (inclusive of shift allowance) once fully trained.
Overtime is available Mon - Saturdays would be x1.5 and Sundays are x2 time.
Holidays entitlement will be 26 days + bank holidays.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Quality Control Tech
Up to £17000 per annum
£35000 - £37000 per annum
£22000 - £26000 per annum
£10.48 per hour
£17000 - £19000 per annum