- Job Reference: 00039310-1
- Date Posted: 16 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
- Salary: £8.72 to £9.33 Per Hour
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
gap personnel (operating as an employment business) are currently recruiting for 2 Quality Assurance Technician for a temp to perm opportunity based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
To Apply: Email your CV to bristol @gap-personnel. com ASAP
As a quality assurance technician you will be working through ambient, chilled and refrigerated warehouses with all relevant PPE provided. Key to your success of the role is the training which you will be provided with to ensure you are able to complete all tasks of your role.
Reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Manager the QA technician you will be responsible for:
- Undertake Quality Assurance of Incoming Cheese, Packaging and site cut product as directed and according to company procedures.
- Carrying out on line QA checking/auditing to ensure correct standards are applied and adhered to.
- Ensure all standards adhere to packing standards, code checks, labelling information, weight checks, gas checks, metal detection confirmation and pricing checks.
- Carry out any specific checks in line with customer requirements, or as a result of non-conformances or complaints.
- Internal calibration and weight checks.
- Daily taste panels, end of life panels and collection of sample, swabs for laboratory analysis to include environmental swabbing and record information into the database.
- Ensure rejected stock or quarantined stock is correctly labelled and recorded.
- Assist Technical Team with administration and in the implementation of Company Policy, BRC, legal and customer requirements, and corrective actions to ensure that all areas comply with policies and procedures, reporting where necessary.
- Undertake checks, collection and record data for incoming goods via the TAYGO system.
We have the following shift available and pay rates:
Monday to Friday – 8am-4pm although as the site enters peak this will then switch to Monday to Friday, 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm
Monday to Friday - £8.72 per hour rising to £9.33 per hour after successfully completing your 12 week probation period and relevant training.
As part of our ongoing battle to manage Coronavirus, all applicants will be asked a specific questionnaire and we are able to complete remote registrations to ensure all candidates are in a safe and managed environmen