Qualified Social Worker
|Job Title:||Qualified Social Worker|
|Salary:||£27.89 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-07-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Rogerson|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2019 15:34|
You will manage a caseload, delivering high quality assessments and support plans that address the needs of vulnerable people through the commissioning of individual packages of care, whilst managing the reputation of the Council.
As a qualified Social Worker your duties and responsibilities will be:
• Hold and effectively manage a varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance and support, reflecting the function of the team and the Vulnerable People Service in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
• Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
• Be accountable for decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, service user involvement, needs led assessment, critical reflection and analysis to inform this.
• Identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Undertake safeguarding investigations and deliver protective and/or supportive services for individuals at risk and maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.
• Prepare statements of need/care and support plans, in consultation with other agencies as appropriate, that reflect the wishes of the individual and lead to the commissioning of personalised packages of care.
• Negotiate personalised care arrangements with individuals and significant others that offer choices within affordable resources based on an allocated budget.
• Undertake direct work with adults and their families in line with care plans.
• Work cooperatively with both internal and external colleagues across multi - agency boundaries.
• Communicate skilfully and confidently in complex or high risk situations. Model and help others develop communication skills
• Attend and represent the department at a range of multi-disciplinary forums and undertaking the role of chair as required.
As a qualified Social Worker you MUST be:
• HCPC registered
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Have a minimum 2 years post qualified experience
• A full UK license holder
As a qualified social worker you will receive the following benefits working for Pertemps:
• Free DBS and compliance service
• Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
• Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
• Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
• Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
• Dedicated consultant who is available when you need them and who will come out and see you in placement
• Bonus schemes * Terms and conditions apply
If this is something that you are interested in please contact Catherine Rogerson on 0161-5091045 or email your CV to Catherine.rogerson @ pertempsmedical.co.uk
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's