QSW - Looked After Children Team
|Job Title:||QSW - Looked After Children Team|
|Salary:||£36381 - £46159 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jordanne Hayward|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 09:20|
Bucks have developed an ambitious improvement programme, including and the development of their workforce, development, plan that sets out a clear vision for delivering their number one priority, to improve the quality of social work practice and achieve positive outcomes with our local children and young people who are 'in need' of support, protection and care to improve social work services for children and young people in need of support, protection and care.
This service is for all children and young people who are a 'Looked After Child' (LAC) and under 16 years of age. The care plan for the child must be long term care.
The Looked after Children Team teams carry statutory responsibility for those children for whom rehabilitation to the birth parents has been ruled out and whose care plan is long term care. Long term placements include kinship or family placements, foster care and residential care.
The team has a duty to ensure that the standard of care the child receives is of the highest quality. Children would be visited monthly by the allocated Social Worker and their views would be sought and responded to appropriately. The team would also plan and facilitate contact arrangements with family and significant persons in the child's life. If circumstances change in the family, the team will work closely with the parents and child to facilitate a safe return home.
Working for Buckinghamshire Children's Social Care includes receiving a generous reward package including:
- Excellent salary of £36,381-£46,159 dependant on experience
- Golden Hello' lump sum payment of £2,125
- New lease car scheme
- Car allowance up to £600
- Annual leave of 25 days rising to 30 days after 5 years employment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 12 - 15 days training, learning and development offer
- Children's Learning Academy with a Social Work Faculty that has close links with Buckinghamshire New University and a dynamic Masterclass programme led by academics, researchers and speakers
- New dedicated learning platform providing access to a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities, resources and tool
- Beyond Auditing' (Quality Assurance) Team works with the Principal Social Worker providing real time coaching and mentoring to evaluate and improve social work practice. This includes case consultations with allocated social workers and line managers, observation of practice and guided conversations with children, young people and their parents as well as other professional who know them.
- Reimbursement of full HCPC registration fee
- Free car parking
- Relocation package up to £8000
- Limited caseloads
No lengthy application forms required until after a job offer has been made, all we require initially is your CV to submit you to the position and help secure an interview for the right candidates.
DID YOU KNOW? Buckinghamshire is only 35 miles from London and 25 miles from Oxford? We are closer than you think!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's