|Salary||£8.21 per hour||Sector||Professional & Admin|
I am currently recruiting for an purchasing administrator based in Tamworth, this is a temporary role due to go permanent after a probation period.
Working hours Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
• All activities should be driven to improve Quality, Cost & Delivery (QCD), this includes non-production tasks. Provide leadership and champion the cause for continuous improvement in exceeding customer expectations.
• Ensure that all Company HS&E policies are respected and rules are adhered to within your department. Responsible for compliance of sub-ordinates to company health, safety & environmental policies and rules.
• To support processes where necessary and ensure compliance with company policies & approvals, procedures and any ongoing business initiatives.
• To support and contribute effectively to your appraisal, and show a positive attitude to training and development within the team. Ensuring that all training is captured accordingly and shared with HR.
• Working in accordance with Purchasing procedures and other company procedures as appropriate.
• To ensure continuity of supplies to meet the requirements of production and other user departments.
• To ensure that inventory levels are at the lowest levels compatible with production requirements and material availability.
• To generate purchase orders for stock, capital and expense items as appropriate.
• To support Purchasing officers as requested with administration duties
• To progress delivery of purchase orders.
• To file orders requisitions and acknowledgements etc in an orderly manner.
• To promptly resolve any invoice queries that may occur.
• To assist with stock takes if required.
• To work to a high standard and uphold the company's reputation.
• Provide absence cover for Purchasing Officers as required by Purchasing Manager
• To provide cover for Material Controller as required.
• To cover any aspect of the purchasing department as required.
Tasks to be performed are not limited by this job description and additional duties may be required, depending on the needs of the business.
If you are interested in this role apply now.