Public Health Consultant
- Job Reference: 00040178-1
- Date Posted: 23 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £475 to £575 Per Day
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract, Temporary
We have a great position available for a Public Health Consultant working for Oxfordshire Council to support the role in protecting residents from COVID-19 through prevention and rapid implementation of the Local Outbreak Plan. This will be a temporary assignment for 6 months with the sight to extend.
You will lead on COVID-19 related work. This will include responsibility for areas of the Local Outbreak Plan and supporting the Director of Public Health with the COVID-19 response. The post will provide line management support to a small team of staff supporting our COVID-19 effort, and link with the wider Public Health team as needed.
* This is a temporary position within the Public Health team at Oxfordshire County Council to support the local response to COVID-19.
* This is a senior role within the Public Health team with responsibility for health protection and specifically COVID-19. This includes the day to day operational delivery, management and oversight of the COVID-19 response through prevention and rapid implementation of Local Outbreak Plans.
* The post holder will play a key role in developing, shaping and assuring the COVID-19 health protection function, which includes managing individuals and teams, working closely with partners and ensuring delivery of high-quality surveillance, response and support systems.
* The post holder will have responsibility for developing and maintaining close working relationships both internally and with partner organisations
* Be an active member of the Multi Agency Operational Cell (MAOC) and the COVID-19 Health Protection Board.
* Will have responsibility for the management of COVID-19.
* Contribute strategically to the development and maintenance of effective systems for the surveillance of COVID-19.
* Proactively use COVID-19 surveillance outputs to inform and influence the local actions, policies and strategies.
* Influence, and where appropriate, lead the development and implementation of a system wide response to COVID-19.
Location: Working from Home
Rate of pay: Up to £575 Ltd per day
If this role is of interest and you have recent experience with a COVID-19 Public Health position, please contact Jake Singh today at Belmont Recruitment or apply now