Prototype Machinist / Laboratory Technician
|Job Title:||Prototype Machinist / Laboratory Technician|
|Salary:||£26000 - £30000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-02-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Bethan Williams|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2018 14:22|
About the role
- £26,000 - £30,000 per annum
- Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Ample parking and subsidised canteen on site
- Anticipated Start Date: 18/02/2019
This busy machine shop supports a staff of 12 scientists and engineers.
- Operation and supervision of a machining workshop, to fabricate or modify critical parts
- Welding of steel, ideally aluminium and plastics too.
- Fitting of high-purity pipework for gas, vacuum and liquids.
- Electrical wiring and connection work.
- Construction and facilitation of complex experimental equipment, to ensure rapid and flexible project support.
- Laboratory and workshop routine tasks: monitoring of services, ordering and receiving supplies, maintenance and repairs.
- Completed a relevant apprenticeship - HNC or equivalent is desirable.
- Current workshop skills on manual machine tools and CNC mill.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Understand and interpret scientists' requirements for equipment, and advise on construction methods.
- Computer literate, able to create and use Excel spreadsheets.
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we may be unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 21 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's