Proposals Manager – Offshore Wind
|Job Title:||Proposals Manager – Offshore Wind|
|Location:||Thailand or Taiwan|
|Salary:||Competitive, based on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-06-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kay Sproulle|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2019 13:43|
Our regional sales team are involved with tendering and securing of offshore wind lifting and transport projects in the far east region, aiming to offer our clients an integrated solution. The role of proposals mamager is to assist the regional sales managers to develop and submit comprehensive, innovative and attractive bids that fulfil client requirements (typically EPCs) in terms of their accuracy, comprehensiveness and compliance.
This role will enable the right candidate to develop their talent and capabilities through training and guidance, ultimately leading to a diverse and rewarding career.Package description
Attractive packageMain responsibilities
- Review of all invitation to tender documents to interpret requirements and identify actions required.
- Ownership of the full tendering process
- Communicate and liaise with clients (including face to face meetings) to better understand their needs and issues, and develop and offer a competitive project solution
- Seek input from, and coordinate with other departments as required, such as Contracts, Insurance, Engineering, HQSE, Operations, Logistics etc.
- Co-ordinate with the wider ALE Group to incorporate as much detailed and specific information and technical knowledge as possible.
- Co-ordinate with the Sales and Management team during the tendering phase to sell the project (e.g. pricing, strategy)
- Produce both commercial and technical proposal documents and drawings in accordance with specific client requirements
- Establishing resources and schedules, liaising both internally and externally to obtain costs in order to produce detailed pricing / budgets
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws and regulations
- Achieve and maintain the highest possible standards, within the timescales given, in terms of tender responses
- Assist / initiate and maintain relationships with potential customers, monitor developments, co-ordinate the tendering process
- Engineering degree or similar
- Other relevant industry qualifications
- Knowledge of the oil and gas, mining and minerals, nuclear, and renewable energy industries
- Familiarity with specialist heavy lifting and transport equipment and its applications
- Experience in similar engineering role
- Experience in similar or project engineering role – 4 years
- Industrial Project Engineering
- Heavy Lift / Transport Industry experience
- Working with EPC companies
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook / Primavera
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Excellent Mathematical Skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Additional language skills
- Self-motivation and management
- Adapting and responding to change must be second nature
- Quality and detail focused
- Effective Planner
- Negotiation skills
- Willing to be based in Thailand or Taiwan
- Full passport for overseas travel
- Driving licence
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in more than 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£34000 - £38000 per annum
£33000 - £37000 per annum
Electrical Proposals Engineer
Offshore Resource Coordinator
£20000 - £30000 per annum
Operations Manager - Test