|Job Title:||Proposal Engineer|
|Salary:||$20000 - $40000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-09-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Leon Simpson|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2019 16:32|
Work with the Sales and Bids teams to convert pipeline opportunities into compliant, winning bids to meet the sales targets in the business plan, and in accordance with company procedures and corporate governance best practice.
- Develop and co-ordinate contract winning solutions considering pricing and commercial strategy to meet or exceed customer requirements and explore all avenues to meet customer expectations and minimise business risk and costs
- Ensure that documentation is produced on time with a consistent look and feel, which meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Create and maintain a risk register for every bid in line with Company processes; understand competitor tactics and behaviour to shape the proposal and mitigate risks
- Develop the technical, commercial and financial solution as the bid progresses. Work closely with Sales Manager to ensure a thorough understanding of the solution and customer needs
- Effectively chair Gate Review internal meetings to ensure that project and customer requirements are fully communicated within the business and that internal stakeholder input in to bids is obtained in with project requirements
- Ownership of the production of the proposal documentation in accordance with best practice and business governance processes
- Obtain accurate cost information and necessary internal approvals to release documents/price to customers and, with the Commercial Director, prepare and manage the approvals process that reviews bids/contracts prior to release/signature
- Ensure strong working relationship with all departments in CWind and CWind Taiwan, especially sales, solutions and technical and commercial support. Provide feedback to all relevant business areas to ensure lessons learnt and product trends are captured.
- Develop strong relationships with external and internal customer and Joint Venture contacts and manage relationships until confirmation of preferred bidder and handover to the Project team
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure they understand the opportunities and agree with the technical solution to ensure we can deliver the commitments being offered
- Maintain document control in line with company process and correctly utilising company document templates
- Assist to identify and contribute to the development of new processes and procedures which can improve the performance of the Bids and Proposals department
- Effective use of the company CRM system by keeping project record up to date and information is accurately capture
Essential Experience / Qualifications:
- Flexible and organised approach to work, with an ability to prioritise workload
- Appreciation of both commercial and technical aspects of bids and a solid commercial awareness
- Good communication skills internally and externally
- Ability to cope with pressure of working to tight deadlines with strong co-ordination skills and time management.
- A degree of travelling for customer visits will be required.
- Candidate should be fully conversant with the entire suite of Microsoft Office software, especially: excel, project, word and power point; as well as Adobe
- Experience working in CRM software would be an advantage
- Excellent spoken and written English
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's