Property Administration Manager
- Job Reference: 00040160-1
- Date Posted: 23 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Wherstead, Suffolk
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Real Estate & Property, Facilities Management, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Our property portfolio is a significant part of our business. We let over 475 properties, generating £8 million in income for the Society each year. We pride ourselves on acting responsibly for both our tenants and wider communities, with an ongoing commitment to development, investment and creating valuable partnerships with local good causes and charities.
Our team do a fantastic job in managing the administration associated with such a vast portfolio - and we’re looking for someone to lead and support them in the role of Property Administration Manager.
Because of COVID-19, we’re working from home at the moment and so the successful candidate will need to be able to effectively manage remote-working. The role will normally be based at our Head Office at Wherstead Park on the outskirts of Ipswich, Suffolk; however, we’re happy to consider ongoing flexible working arrangements.
The role of Property Administration Manager is a new and exciting opportunity, responsible for leading our administration function in:
* Ensuring that the property database is managed and maintained, keeping investment and operational lease and ownership information accurate and up to date
* Using the property database to efficiently process lease payments and to raise and issue rent and service charge demands
* Keeping the property database updated with annual and reinstatement valuations, creating demands where necessary
* Managing tenant direct debits and manual payments
* Supporting the Surveyors with council tax and business rates demands, adjustments and changes in tenancy
* Processing incoming invoices through to our automated payment system
* Reconciling rent and service charges at lease event dates, disposals, etc.
* Ensuring our property webpage is regularly updated and maintained (e.g. adding the details of available rental properties)
As well as leading the administration team in the above areas, the Property Administration Manager will have particular responsibility for regular and ad-hoc reporting, e.g. on rent arrears and other important KPIs. You’ll also work closely with other internal and external stakeholders, like supporting our Finance colleagues by providing quality, relevant data.
* Previous administration experience (ideally in a finance or property role / environment)
* Basic accounting / book-keeping experience or knowledge
* Ability to lead and motivate a team
* IT literate, with previous database administration experience and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Good numeracy and literacy skills
* Highly organised, able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail
* Effective team player, equally able to work autonomously / on own initiative to resolve to day to day issues
* Great interpersonal skills
* Positive and proactive approach to change and continuous improvement
* Understands protocols for handling confidential and sensitive information
Whilst the following isn’t essential (we’re more than happy to offer the right candidate the training and support they’ll need to be successful), we’d welcome applications from candidates with the following:
* Previous financial administration experience within a property team
* Knowledge / experience of Propman (or other property-based databases)
* Previous line management experience
* Experience of working for multiple stakeholders
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme. Further details can be viewed on our Careers website and would be discussed in detail during the recruitment process.
Working Arrangements (37.5 hours per week)
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities, which is why we are happy to offer flexible working. We are always looking to find the right solutions to suit our colleagues and the business