- Job Reference: 00031707-1
- Date Posted: 14 January 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Apsley, Hertfordshire
- Salary: £39,976 to £42,000
- Sector: Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
We have an exciting new opportunity for a full-time Building Surveyor / Project Surveyor to join us here at Thrive Homes!
Thrive Homes is an award-winning housing association with a strong track record and ambitious plans. Thrive exists to provide good quality affordable homes and services enabling the development of communities where people enjoy living. We manage over 5,000 properties and are continuing to build new homes each year.
We operate full agile working conditions in our new offices in Apsley, Hertfordshire and we pride ourselves on looking after our employees by offering progressive careers and leading benefits, as we continue to grow as an organisation and aim to attract the very best talent.
* As a Building Surveyor / Project Surveyor at Thrive Homes, you will need to be customer focused and provide a comprehensive surveying/contract/project management service to our organisation.
* You will project manage from inception to completion a range of allocated projects to include obtaining all relevant approvals.
* You will manage and undertake tendering and procurement as required on building related projects.
* Working with architects and other building consultants to manage medium to large scale building projects to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
* You will manage all works in line with legislation, statutory compliance, contractual diligence and best practice, liaising with internal and external agencies.
* Work in accordance with our policies and procedures relating to the delivery of building services, cyclical, major works and building maintenance works, ensuring the organisation is in line with legal requirements and good practice.
* Support the delivery of a high-quality building services and maintenance service, planned and capital works to Thrive Homes buildings and other client's properties in accordance with Company plans and legislation, ensuring effective contract management.
* Monitor the performance of projects and programmes against KPIs and budgets as well as Health & Safety, ensuring that Thrive Homes are compliant with CDM regulations.
* Carry out pre and post inspections in line with the organisations policies and procedures.
* You will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties/projects as required by your Senior Managers.
* The successful candidate must be able to easily engage with a variety of people from all levels within the business, they will be flexible and self-motivated.
* You will need to have a good attention to detail, be able to work to strict deadlines and able to carefully plan work whilst adhering and promoting best practice.
* GCSE (or equivalent) grades A-C to include Maths & English are essential.
* A relevant degree, professional membership to RICS or CIOB would be preferred.
* Significant experience of building maintenance surveying, procurement, administration from inception to completion. Including surveys, investigations of buildings and their defects, and recording essential information is required.
* Proven project and contract management experience is essential.
* Extensive knowledge of legislation, and best practice relating to this field of work to include health and safety.
* Experience of provided high levels of customer service.
* A driving license is required as you will need to perform regular site visits and inspections.
-Competitive Salary up to £42,000 per annum.
-Annual Leave - 25 days per year increasing by one day per completed holiday year to 30 days maximum.
-Pension - Thrive Homes will pay double your amount subject to a maximum of 10%. (If you choose to pay 5% the company will pay 10%. The minimum amount you will need to contribute is 3%).
-Life assurance - a payment of X3 your salary.
-Shopping portal - access to hundreds of money saving options for online and high street shopping.
-MyGym discount - discounted rate at a local gym or gym chain. Which is paid directly from your bank account.
-HealthShield - facility to claim cashback for dental, optical and physiotherapy costs, alongside wellness services.
-Annual Flu Jab - provided each winter to all employees.
-Enhanced Flex Pot - £900 each year in April (after completing your 6-month probation and it will be on a pro rata basis).
-Massage day - every month.
-Team days - twice a year.
-Thrive Homes is a Mindful Employer and you can access support from our Mental Health First Aiders.
-Please note some of these benefits are subject to current rules around COVID-19 and social distancing