|Salary||£28900 - £39000 per annum||Sector||Professional & Admin|
- Ensuring that the upfront design and co-ordination of work is in place to make sure that technicians have prerequisites in place in advance, allowing them to start the work as scheduled.
- Maintain the required standard to make sure our statutory obligations are met and that availability and associated performance are maintained.
- Be responsible for planning work via SAP and making sure that the relevant skill sets are scheduled in and coordinated,
- Responsible for making sure all tools and materials are made available in order for work to be completed.
- Make sure the costs are within budget. Support contractors in CAPEX funded trunk main repairs.
- Proactively seek to understand asset care plans and asset criticality.
- Coordinate deliveries by chasing suppliers and coordinating the receiving/ receipting process
- Provide specialist technical advice where appropriate with up to date technical knowledge.
- Provide training support for technical trainees, and contribute with current issues / resolutions.
- Check operability of high consequence valves to maintain regulatory compliance and raise the associated follow on jobs.
- Support network activities during large asset failure.
- Focus on maintaining a high level of productivity, therefore reducing the need to return to base or make unnecessary repeat visits
- Record accurate, clear and factual comments in real time on each job to allow effective handover, clear auditing of work, and all time sheets and Banked Hours usages daily.
- Always be the company’s representative and behave in a professional way
- Communicating with all stakeholders involved in the capital programme in a professional manner
- Provide accurate job specification with correct coding, GIS location, TM enabling, photographs, sketches and activity instructions
- Reduce customer impact as a result of loss of supply, drive technical solution activity forward, support or act as technical lead depending on complexity of job, and follow valve operations and BOPs
- Use correct coding of all jobs, i.e. AL/VS/NM/3P
- Relevant experience within maintenance, water or waste or comparable experience including technical job design and/or prerequisite management at another Water or Utility company.
- Ability to be able to decide on and build the dependencies between tasks, and will be technically experienced with a good understanding of how to maintain assets.
- Local knowledge of how important an asset is to a site and how it relates to other assets.
- Ability to work closely with planners, Field Performance Managers, suppliers and 3rd parties.
- Competent with IT systems (especially SAP and MS Office Excel).
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues relevant to the industry is essential.
- This role offers exposure to our complex water network and the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of project delivery and maintenance programmes. Highlight any growth opportunities within the role - research suggests candidates prioritise challenges over incentives.
- Opportunity to progress into a management position overseeing a team of network service technicians.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by suppling 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.