|Job Title:||Project Officer|
|Salary:||£15.53 - £21.15 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-06-10 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Claire Beedon|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2019 16:54|
You will have experience of working on complex projects, with proven organisational skills and a demonstrable background in successfully building relationships with people at all levels. You will be able to effectively manage your time and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines. You will be required to use your judgement in solving problems.
You must have excellent communication skills and be able to confidently deal with a wide range of internal stakeholders, some of whom will be high profile individuals or teams.
Due to the nature of the project, the list of duties is indicative only and may change, so the post holder will need to be flexible and adaptable in their approach to the project support. The role will support a range of project development activities across the University to support the campus operations and will include the following duties.
Work with the key stakeholders to define the objectives and deliverables of the project
Implement stakeholder management and maintain regular contact with stakeholders to understand requirements; generate and negotiate solutions and ensure these requirements are delivered.
Develop and implement project plans to achieve the desired outcomes.
Review and report on project progress, dealing with issues as they arise and escalating appropriately where necessary.
Identify and proactively manage project dependencies, risks and issues.
Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
Liaise and communicate project information to a range of stakeholders at all levels in an appropriate and engaging fashion, ensuring understanding across a diverse range of stakeholders.
Influence decision makers often found within project teams to ensure successful conclusion.
Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
Conduct project reviews and create recommendation reports in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Develop best practice and tools for project execution and management.
Identify and embrace opportunities for collaboration with other projects and initiatives across the University.
Liaise with the wider project team to provide a coordinated approach to project management.
Identify the impact on other projects and co-ordinate with other project managers to resolve issues.
Develop an expert understanding of the current processes and workflows, and a regard for the systems and services that are used by the University.
To support sub-projects, workstreams and working groups within the overall project.
Supporting the relevant senior manager to achieve objectives within agreed deadline in line with the overall project plan.
To manage the post of the Dubai Project Support Officer
To provide secretarial support for project workstream meetings and the related working groups and support the Chairs in setting agendas and in collating and distributing all required paperwork.
To meet all required deadlines and ensure papers meet set formats/quality guidelines
To arrange and attend high-level meetings and presentations to provide secretarial support.
To ensure project information is shared effectively and utilises existing systems such as the intranet or SharePoint.
To undertake other duties as required by the project team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
• Relevant project management experience in a complex organisation, with a successful track record of managing projects within timescale and budget
• Working knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies alongside their effective deployment
• Ability to interpret, analyse and present information and formulate clear proposals on the basis of the analysis, with an exceptional eye for detail
• Experience of working as part of a team, not all of whom are within the same line management structure and where it may be necessary to persuade those who are in a more senior position
• Experience of line management
• Ability to plan and review complex procedures
• Analytical approach to problem-solving, using own initiative
• Ability to work independently, accurately and to deadlines within a team environment
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience of producing and analysing complex research, information and data and turning these into purposeful reports that influence policy and assist decision making.
• An ability to prioritise and to schedule workloads in the face of conflicting demands
• Self-motivated, well organised and able to work on own initiative
• Ability to prioritise and to schedule workloads in the face of conflicting demands and anticipate problems
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders some of whom may be high profile individuals or teams
• Ability to work as a team member and to co-ordinate the work of others towards a common goal
• Calm and focused under pressure
• Commitment to continuing professional development and training
• Willingness to learn and understand the direction/vision of the University and how this may impact events
• Knowledge of the issues facing the Higher Education sector
• Experience of working in a complex and sensitive environment
• Ability to exercise discretion regarding the handling and management of sensitive information.
Please apply if this role is of interest to you
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's