|Salary||£36499 - £42379 per annum||Sector||Security & Risk Management, Government & Public Sector, Professional & Admin, Manufacturing & Industrial, Executive and Management, Building & Construction, Miscellaneous|
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are delighted to be recruiting for our client the City of Edinburgh Council. They are looking for a Project Manager for an exciting project within Service Design and Asset Management for a Fixed Term Contract of 12 months with an immediate start. The salary will be between £36,499 - £42,379 depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be working within the Estates Optimisation Team (Strategic Asset Management), based in their highly sought after City Centre location.
You will be working as part of the team to assist and contribute to the Council's Service Design programme of projects supporting core Council strategies and objectives with a focus on how services are delivered in communities and how these services can be enhanced with a more efficient use of property assets. You will be providing professional advice, guidance and support whilst ensuring an effective and efficient service which is customer focused and outcome based.
Some of your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the co-ordination and administration of all aspects of ongoing property project(s)
- Managing and participating in projects to implement business change, ensuring all projects adhere to PM methodologies
- Managing and participating in the full life cycle of the project from scope, business case, project planning, project management, cultural change management, budget and risk management to implementation and evaluation of the project
- Gather data regarding Council buildings and their uses and in doing so assist in public engagement and attend meetings with local community groups and bodies
- Support the service design core project team in the collection, verification, analysis and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data
- Produce and present detailed reports
- Ensure project milestones are achieved
- Identify and evaluate risks associated with the project activities
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders throughout the course of the project
You must have a Degree or Diploma in a property related subject (such as Surveying, Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Business Services) and ideally be a Member of a Professional Body. You should have experience in managing project teams, project delivery, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, identifying risks, ability to negotiate with other professionals and working to strict deadlines.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online immediately, send your CV to Julie.Pollock@pertemps.co.uk or call 0131 225 7531 for a confidential discussion.