|Location||Various project sites, based in Atyrau||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Competitive, based on experience||Sector||Security & Risk Management|
As the designated HSQE officer for our project sites in Kazakhstan, your role will be to provide adequate, professional and pragmatic HSQE support to the respective project management teams that are responsible for executing projects involving heavy lifting and transport in Kazakhstan.
Based on project sites, you will be responsible for taking the lead role in setting-up, implementing, executing and following up ALE’s integrated HSQE management system for projects.
You will be ALE’s focal point on project sites for liaising with our client on HSQE matters and issues, along with providing HSQE support and guidance to the various project management teams and selected subcontractors, suppliers and service providers in order to comply with ALE internal and client project specific HSQE requirements.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for a skilled, experienced and operational HSQE professional to use their technical knowledge and strategic thinking in a practical way.Package description
Permanent role requiring some national travelMain responsibilities
- Establish a clear understanding of the contractual HSQE requirements from client and other potential stakeholders
- Prepare standard ALE internal HSQE documentation
- Prepare required/requested HSQE deliverables for submission to project stakeholders
- Maintain alignment and compliance with local project and ALE group HSQE objectives and systems
- Maintain cooperation and communication with the ALE Kazakhstan HSQE coordinator and regional HSQE manager
- Ensure compliance with all applicable HSQE legislation for Kazakhstan
- Project management point of contact within the project for first line HSQE advice, innovation and guidance
- Ensure that relevant and timely HSQE integrated management information and documents are available for everyone on the project
- Use of Synergi Life reporting software tool for reporting incidents, near misses and HSQE observations
- Conduct frequent HSQE inspections and follow-up on identified shortcomings
- Development and delivery of specific HSQE training, as per contract requirements
- Support operational project staff in conducting regular toolbox talks on the project sites
- Provide practical advice on and preparation of risk assessments and follow-up on implementation of risk mitigation measures
- Set-up and implementation of project specific emergency preparedness and response system (fire-fighting, first aid, life-saving appliances, etc)
- Promotion of customer focus, customer satisfaction and HSQE awareness throughout the assigned projects
- Assist project procurement with assessment, evaluation and re-evaluation of the HSQE performance and suitability of approved key suppliers and subcontractors
- “ROK’ mandatory training, including Industrial Safety, Fire Safety and Occupational Health Certificate
- Valid first aid certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC)
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
- Auditor qualifications - ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 / ISO 45001:2018
- General operational safety requirements related to heavy plant/machinery
- Thorough knowledge of HSQE integrated management systems
- Specific heavy lift and transport industry knowledge, such as High capacity cranes, SPMT’s, Conventional trailers and Barges
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as project based HSQE professional
- HSQE exposure at project/site level on EPC contracts
- Thorough understanding of ISO standards - ISO 9001:2015, ISO14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 / ISO 45001:2018
- Relevant working experience of working under the requirements TCO, Chevron and/or NCOC
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills
- Language proficiencies - Kazakh (native), Russian (professional proficiency) and English (intermediate proficiency)
- Convincing and confident communicator (communication skills)
- Organisational skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- IT-skills in MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Strong reporting skills
- Training delivery experience and capabilities in subjects such as Defensive driving, Manual handling, Working at height, Rigging and slinging, Risk assessments and ALE specific HSQE software (Cofano and Synergi)
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Flexibility/adaptability skills
- Strong work ethics
- High level of integrity
- Team player
- Focused on detail
- Practical/pragmatic approach
- Valid driving license
- Valid passport
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in more than 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.