Project Engineer - Wolverhampton, West Midlands County
|Job Title:||Project Engineer - Wolverhampton, West Midlands County|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands County|
|Start Date:||2019-04-30 00:00:00.0|
|Contact Name:||Stewart Hastie|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2019 11:41|
Working with our Land and Planning Team the Project Engineer will work towards resolving all technical/engineering barriers to enable the purchase of land and ultimately the release of planning consent for that land and will then take the lead on procuring detailed engineering designs (civil, structural etc.), securing relevant technical approvals, legal agreements and consents.
The Project Engineer will also lead on the procurement of statutory undertakers works to enable demolition/construction works to commence and for the provision of new mains/services to serve the proposed development. The Project Engineer will also work with our Commercial Team in putting together tender packs for enabling works such as demolition, remediation, piling or other ground improvement and the appointment of a road/sewer and groundworks contractors including leading on pre-start meetings in respect of these works.
The Project Engineer will then work with our Construction Team though the delivery of the development dealing with all technical/engineering issues that arise, attending site as and when required, and ultimately will be responsible for securing the adoption of sewer/roads etc. where required.
What’s the role about and who are we looking for?
- You’ll liaise with internal teams, external consultants etc. in carrying out due diligence and other investigative works to ensure that any land purchase has full regard to all technical/engineering constraints, costs etc.
- You’ll liaise with framework consultants to influence design, particularly in foundation and road & sewer construction, and to value engineer any solutions. You’ll also liaise with the NHBC on all technical matters including the signing off of all engineering and land quality conditions to ensure CML compliance is achieved
- You’ll act as the focal point for liaison with drainage, highway and other authorities including all technical approvals, S.104, S.185, S.38, S.278 etc. legal agreements, various consents including S.106, S.50, road closures, stopping up notices etc.
- As a technical specialist you will have proven experience and an in depth knowledge of new build residential development’s, you’ll also be familiar with the reporting necessary to secure planning consent and any subsequent reports necessary to facilitate a start on site
- You will also need to be qualified to HNC level or higher in Civil Engineering Studies or similar as well as good analytical and communication skills. You’ll also be able to work on your own as well as with a wider Project Team.
The role will be based in Wolverhampton and will require travel between our operational areas, therefore the successful candidate must have a full UK driving licence.
Closing date for applications: 19th May
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we’ve merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Our colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. Bromford Housing Group will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us. All employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical Project Engineer
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£33000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Company Car OR Car Allowance
£60000 - £65000 per annum
£35000 - £40000 per annum
MEP Project Manager
£55000 - £60000 per annum