Project Engineer - Telecoms
- Job Reference: 00006346-1
- Date Posted: 8 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £40,000 to £50,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a rapidly expanding and successful telecoms organisation who despite the current Covid-19 situation are still experiencing high workloads and as such are looking to recruit an experienced project engineer to aid them in some new projects they are currently undertaking.
The company has built a solid reputation in land based telecoms and has now added to this by expanding into offshore telecommunications market. They currently have a number of new projects where we require an experienced project engineer to run a variety of assignments from cradle to grave and be the technical lead to all personnel concerned.
The Role of Project Engineer is as follows:
* Oversee and act as the project lead for all of the projects under your control.
* Act as technical authority on all project related issues.
* Actively participate in the design phase of the projects.
* Liaise with clients, suppliers and engineers on a technical level.
* Provide support and leadership to junior members of staff.
* Manage day to day project plan.
* Provide constant progress updates and reports for clients.
* Liaise with accounts team on financial performance of projects.
* Must have a very strong understanding of communications systems ideally in an offshore environment.
* Must have demonstrable experience in systems design.
* Must be confident in the successful leading of projects of value up to £1M.
* Must have some form of systems integration understanding.
* You will also need an understanding of the various communications systems used when offshore, such as navigation, MET office systems, Beacons for Air Traffic Control, ICSS, public address systems, CCTV, etc.
* You will highly likely come from a hands on engineering background, have a recognised industry qualification (degree preferred) and have around 10 years industry experience.
* It is also imperative that candidates have excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
In return for the above the company is offering a competitive base salary, definite career progression, some flexible working, company pension, 33 days holiday (inc. stats) and the opportunity to work as part of a fully supported team. This position is full time and permanent.
If you feel you have the drive and experience to take on this role, please send your CV to Stuart at 3MD Technical Recruitment who are acting as an employment business for this role