- Job Reference: 00018035-1
- Date Posted: 30 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Menston, Yorkshire
- Salary: £40,000 to £50,000
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Increased Salary Range+++Increased Salary Range+++
Project Engineer - West Yorkshire – Permanent - £40-50k + overtime, 25 days holiday, attractive pension contribution + relocation options available
COVID-19 – the interview process will be compliant with the government guidelines. The client has an immediate requirement and can start someone straight away.
Samuel Frank Associates requires an experienced Project Engineer to join a very well established, award winning equipment manufacturer in West Yorkshire. The successful Project Engineer will have a background of delivering projects within special purpose machinery manufacturing with a bias towards safety systems and functional machine safety.
Key areas of responsibility for the Project Engineer include -
* Work with sales, applications, project managers and purchasing to agree specifications and quotations
* Create BOMs
* Knowledge of distributed I/O systems
* Resolve technical problems as required
* Oversee the work of the Electrical Design Engineers ensuring electrical schematic drawings are prepared accurately
* Provide engineering expertise in discussions with the customer and take part in meetings and site visits
Key criteria for Project Engineers applying for the position includes -
* HND in Electrical Engineering or related subject – minimum requirement
·At least 5 years experience in automation
·Working knowledge of electrical design software such as AutoCAD or EPLAN
·Full clean driving licence.
* Formal qualification demonstrating functional safety knowledge
* SISTEMA/ATEX accreditations – either or both would be an advantage
Whilst this is mainly an office based role the successful Project Engineer will be expected to make the occasional trip to site. The hiring manager estimates around 2-4 times per year with a normal trip taking 2-3 days.
Applicants who have had experience of working for an OEM or a system integrator could be well suited in terms of the project delivery aspects.
The client is easily commutable from large parts of West Yorkshire including places such as Leeds, Bradford, Keighley, Ilkley, Harrogate, Skipton, Shipley and Otley.
Please apply today for an immediate response