- Job Reference: 00072855-1
- Date Posted: 10 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Cambuslang, Lanarkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Hamilton, Blantyre, GB, G72 0LH based with travel across United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland)
Compensation: £40,000 to £47,000 DOE + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43196
We have a great opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our business here at Stephenson Place, Hamilton. As a Project Engineer you will report into the Principle Engineer, taking responsibility for leading the project as well as being the main engineering point of contact and working as an integral part of the project team.
Who we are looking for?
The role of a Project Engineer is to ensure all signalling activities, in connection with the design and implementation of project work, are co-ordinated and technically compliant to Client and Company Standards. Therefore, excellent planning and organisation skills, a flexible approach, as well as strong leadership and development skills are all key attributes to securing this role.
What will you be doing?
To carry out your role as a Project Engineer, you'll be required and willing to work away and travel across Scotland and Northern Ireland as the business need requires.
Your duties will include:
* Act as a Signalling Project Engineer.
* Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer.
* Liaise with Signalling Design CRE's where required.
* To confirm that all signalling construction complies with all applicable standards, legislation, contract requirements and specifications.
* Assess the competence and availability of persons employed by the project on behalf of Signalling (excl design) to carry out their engineering and technical responsibilities, e.g. site managers, site engineers, construction managers.
* Interface with Design CRE's as required.
The experience you'll bring
* Demonstrable competence in Signalling Activities
* Member of appropriate professional institution, IRSE qualified
* Proven experience in Signalling project work
* IRSE Licence holder in an Engineering Manager category
* Able to drive is essential
* PTS card holder
* Commercial Awareness
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Closing Date: 29th April 2022