|Job Title:||Project Engineer|
|Salary:||£36550 - £43000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2019 12:50|
As the Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the provision of water and waste design services in the developer services major projects team.
Working as part of the design team, you will play a pivotal role in providing in-depth engineering solutions to projects and studies. You will have the opportunity to provide technical input into projects through the entire lifecycle from initial conception, through detailed design, pricing, procurement and delivery.
This role will be responsible for technically assessing, identifying solutions and delivering a range of developer projects as well as covering the following duties:
- Developing outline and detailed solutions for water and waste water projects.
- Assessment of technical information and solutions by others. Production of reports for customers, recommending development options, costs and timescales for delivery.
- Regular communication and meetings with customer representatives to update on project progress.
- Management of the delivery of project outputs to time, cost and quality through planning and forecasting resource requirement.
- Coaching and mentoring others to ensure continuous improvement.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Ideally you will be chartered or working towards charter status.
- Previous experience within the water industry is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of designing pressurised and gravity-fed pipework and project engineering.
- Exceptional communicator at all levels of an organisation and experience of working in a customer centric business.
- Internal stakeholder management is highly desirable and you will be commercially astute with the ability to be the ‘expert’ within your field.
- You will be competent with Microsoft Office and will be self-confident with a wide technical knowledge base.
This is a diverse role, where you will work with external customers and internal stakeholders, the role provides an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a range of projects ranging from £250,000 in value through those in excess of £1 million where you can deliver wide reaching benefits to customers and Thames Water.
This role allows you to gain exposure within the full end to end project life cycle, working on a broad range of projects including some high profile developments in the South East.
Projects range from providing water and waste services for new developments, diversion of existing assets to assessing the impacts of 3rd party works and agreeing required mitigations. This role offers huge diversity across the water and water business.
This is a customer facing role, where you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of external and internal stakeholders; often acting as the primary point of contact for technical matters.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers’ with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire regions who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's