|Salary||£41600 - £62400 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
As the Project Definition Programme Manager you will be responsible for safeguarding the smooth Gateway process from the business plan through Gateways 0 and 1, ensuring timely submission of papers to brief our Delivery teams. Supporting the Systems Planning Managers and Project Definition lead team, you will develop and maintain a process for tracking progress of gateway papers, studies and project briefs including the budget allocation by geography, contract and programme type.
Working closely with the Capital Delivery Programme Team, you will ensure project requirements and milestones are understood, monitored and met and provide regular progress reports for both internal and external stakeholders.
You will have a passion for continuous improvement and seek to use lessons learnt to continually improve our ways of working, including making appropriate changes to systems & documentation and encouraging and supporting new ideas.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Programme manage the production of project briefs in accordance with Gateway 0 and 1 approval.
- Accurate and regular process reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive management of the programme to support the Project Definition lead team and System Planning Managers for both water and waste.
- Work in a matrixed approach using technical skills to deliver the required programme.
- Work with Operations to share capital programmes of work within individual operational areas.
- An established and credible leader with the drive and energy to deliver.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Robust experience in people management and leadership.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to role model collaborative behaviours and remain calm under pressure.
- Confident translating strategy into action and working with others to influence business outcomes.
- Significantly competent with the use of complex IT systems and standard office software, including SAP.
This is a unique leadership role and there is no other like it within the Thames Water business. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a positive impact and embed a culture of learning across the business. This is your opportunity to be part of a legacy and positively make your mark.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.