Bristol, UK - working from home options available Compensation:
Competitive + benefitsRole Type:
Full time / PermanentRole ID:
SF 49160Build the future
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Controller at our Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibilityMission Systems
The Project Controller role is based within our Mission Systems business area
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers' needs.The roleThe difference our new Project Controller will make
As a Project Controller, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. We are looking for an individual with demonstrable expertise in the delivery of high complexity Projects.
Day to day you will:
- Maintain project level schedules.
- Have input to scheduling impacts in risk reviews.
- Understanding Schedule Risk Analysis
- Report on Earned Value Management
- Generate and circulate weekly and monthly performance reports, and associated analysis and narrative to inform management of progress, risks, and issues.
- Scheduling and facilitating stakeholder meetings.
- Updating of Risk registers
- Managing and maintaining project documents as required.
- Producing reports and presentations for reviews, progress meetings, etc. as required.
- Carry out document and records management ensuring compliance with Document Control processes.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working with a mix of days in the office and days at home, dependent upon business need.Essential experience
This role requires someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally, you must want to make a positive impact on a daily basis.
You're someone who brings big ideas and solves complex problems with simple and elegant solutions. You continuously champion high performance, challenge the status quo, actively seek out different perspectives and are not afraid to speak up.
What we offer
- Practitioner of P6
- Project Control experience (ideally in an engineering or Defence Company)
- Competent on all Microsoft Packages (Word, PowerPoint etc)
- Skilled in Risk Management tools (ARM/RiskHive)
- APM Project Planning & Controls - Practitioner
- Earned Value Management Practitioner
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
- Employee Share Plan
- Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
- STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Engineer, CSR, Engineering, Management