Programme Manager NHS
- Job Reference: 00044203-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire
- Salary: £42,406
- Sector: Government & Defence, Healthcare & Medical, HSE
- Job Type: Permanent
Programme Manager - NHS
* 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days
* 3 extra days to take at Christmas/New Year (set by company)
* Flexible and agile working (all staff currently working from home due to COVID-19 as at July 2020)
* Contributory matched pension (up to 10%)
* Learning and Development
* Digital Perks
* Free parking
* Wellbeing programme
* Employee Assistance Programme/Mental Health First Aiders
* Social event programme (currently virtual events only as at July 2020)
To apply for this role you must have a good all round project/programme management experience in the NHS. Ideally you may have experience with digital long term health conditions, cardiovascular programmes , primary and secondary care experience or knowledge of NHS funding, procurement and infrastructure.
Working within the NHS, the ambition is to improve the health and prosperity of the region by delivering innovation, quality improvement and economic growth in partnership with commissioners, clients, patients and the public. Programme Managers play a critical role in the development and delivery of the programmes and projects with day-to-day management responsibility for delivery, problem solving and forward planning.
* Support SMEs and entrepreneurs to develop their innovations and work with the research community to get the evidence that’s needed to prove whether or not an innovation works.
* Be supporting delivery of programmes to introduce innovative practices, products and services into health and care organisations to make a difference to patients and staff.
* Be engaging regularly with clinicians, academics, industry representatives and colleagues from other organisations.
* Work closely with other Programme Managers and Programme Coordinators within the team and with Programme Leads who are responsible for the management of the team.
* Working on a variety of programmes at any given time, you will manage key priorities effectively and keep all stakeholders up to date with project progress
* Work closely with senior officers and other clinical colleagues, academics and managers to scope, design, develop and deliver key projects.
* Lead programmes as directed by the Programme Leads and the Executive team.
* Support and advise innovators who are developing healthcare technologies to appropriate support for clinical validation, user testing, intellectual property advice etc.
* Support and advise SMEs with market ready innovations who are aiming to access NHS markets.
* Support the development of detailed documents, plans and resource allocations for projects.
* Produce regular and detailed performance reports against agreed metrics and KPIs for all projects for the Board and stakeholders.
* Design and organise conferences and facilitate workshops in support of projects being managed.
* Maintain all project documentation ready for review and audit.
* Provide a central resource for information about programmes- including communications, updates, documentation, progress, and actions.
* Support communications, liaising with the Marketing and Communications Team as necessary
* Send out communications to the team to update everyone on the progress of programmes and any issues people need to be aware of.
* Contribute to steering group discussions.
* Actively work as a team member, contributing to initiatives that aim to improve the effectiveness of the team and organisation.
* Manage, monitor and report budget management of projects.
* Contribute and advise with organisational planning, business planning process.
For more information please apply online